Fail python configuration on ubuntu and python 3.8

You didn’t tell us what error message you get. Normally SNAP is installed in the user’s HOME directory. If you used sudo to install SNAP to /usr/local/snap then

should use export PATH="$PATH:${SNAP_HOME}/bin". The added double quotes are used in case there is a space character in some component of the PATH.

yes you are right i install with sudo su bad choose.
Reinstall again and now i have correct installation paths SNAP_HOME=/home/USERNAME/snap

and

Configuring SNAP-Python interface...
Done. The SNAP-Python interface is located in '/home/username/.snap/snap-python/snappy'
When using SNAP from Python, either do: sys.path.append('/home/username/.snap/snap-python')
or copy the 'snappy' module into your Python's 'site-packages' directory.

but i have some error :

Raise IOError("Can't find SNAP distribution directory. Either configure variable 'snap_home' " +
OSError: Can't find SNAP distribution directory. Either configure variable 'snap_home' in file './snappy.ini' or set environment variable 'SNAP_HOME' to an existing SNAP distribution directory.

Maybe to use copy the 'snappy' module into your Python's 'site-packages' directory ?
because snappy folder in Python’s ‘site-packages’ directory exists before installation

Ubuntu has an totally different system called SNAP that sometimes conflicts with ESA SNAP. If your sytem already had a snap direcotry you should have installed ESA SNAP to a different directory such as esa_snap. It seems you already have another package called snappy in the system python. Use the recommended sys.path.append('/home/username/.snap/snap-python') in your python scripts to ensure that they use ESA SNAP snappy and not the system snappy.

i dont have multiple Python in my system and i have jpy in python where i use to run snappy_conf .

I’m not sure what this means. Are you running Ubuntu Linux (and which version)? Did you follow the steps in Configure Python to use the SNAP-Python (snappy) interface?

Did you generate a jpy binary wheel using your (unspecified) system and python? You should put the jpy binary wheel in your $HOME/.snap/snap-python/snappy directory and then (in a terminal):

$ cd ~/<ESA_snap_install_dir>/nin
$ ./snappy-conf  /usr/bin/python3.<minor version>

If this works, continue with the “How to use” steps. Due to the existence of mutliple Python libraries called snappy, I recommend not trying to install ESA SNAP snappy into your system python. If you are comfortable with Python venv’s, you can create a Python “snappy” environment, but for most people it is better to put something like:

sys.path.insert(0,<snappy_dir>)
from snappy import ...

in your scripts so it is clear that the script is using ESA SNAP snappy and also ensure that some other
library called snappy is not used by mistake.

yes you are right i install with sudo su bad choose. .

hello
after removing another package called snappy in site-packages now i think work fine.
thank you for help,without you i would not have succeeded .
Any idea how can i use reflectance or sen2cor plugin using this snap python api ?thank you again

Glad you got snappy installed. I use snappy for things like automating some steps I did with the GUI to make a series of images.

Before jumping in to a project you should come up with a series of simpler tasks to learn how to use snappy. The snappy directory contains some test scripts and also examples. There are good online examples such as [Burnt Area Map (https://eodag.readthedocs.io/en/stable/notebooks/tutos/tuto_burnt_areas_snappy.html). You also find it useful to spend some time with basic linux and python tutorials.

If you run into a roadblock don’t hesitate to start a new thread here. SNAP is a very large and complex system which no one person can fully understand. There are often glitches for which you may need workarounds or even an update.