Failure to import ICEYE H5 file and solution

After updating snap to 9.0.3, the following error occured in my windows 10 64bit PC. To solve this, I recompiled s1tbx using snap-engine 9.0.3.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.esa.snap.dataio.netcdf.util.MetadataUtils.readAttributeList(Ljava/util/List;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/esa/snap/core/datamodel/MetadataElement;
	at org.esa.s1tbx.io.netcdf.NetCDFUtils.addVariableMetadata(NetCDFUtils.java:312)
	at com.iceye.esa.snap.dataio.IceyeSLCProductReader.addMetadataToProduct(IceyeSLCProductReader.java:249)
	at com.iceye.esa.snap.dataio.IceyeSLCProductReader.readProductNodesImpl(IceyeSLCProductReader.java:214)
	at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:178)
	at com.iceye.esa.snap.dataio.IceyeProductReader.readProductNodesImpl(IceyeProductReader.java:71)
	at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:178)
	at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIO.readProduct(ProductIO.java:182)
	at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.ReadProductOperation.run(ReadProductOperation.java:61)
	at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1443)
	at org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:68)
	at org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:303)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2058)

My environment was windows 10 pro 64bit, and SNAP only contained Sentinel-1 Toolbox.

Here is the solution.

1. Download s1tbx release 9.0.0 source code from github.
  2. Open pom.xml
  3. Edit the following line.
- <snap.version>9.0.0</snap.version>
+ <snap.version>9.0.3</snap.version>
  1. Package the code, using “mvn clean package”. If you encounter errors in testing, you can add “-DskipTests=true” option.
  2. Run SNAP as administrator.
  3. Uninstall “Sentinel-1 Toolbox Kit Module”.
  4. SNAP will be automatically restarted as administrator.
  5. Quit SNAP and restart and restart as user.
  6. Install all the nbm files from the local directory I built and packaged.

Step 6 may vary if other plugins are installed. Step 8 may not be necessary.

Thank you.

Now new release s1tbx 9.0.1 is available.
This update solves the above errors. Thank you.

2 Likes