GeFolki Coregistration fails with error

Hi, I want to coregister Sentinel 1 and Sentinel 2 images with subpixel accuracy so I am using the GeFolki registration tool in the SNAP software. However, the process is failing with the following error:

“A problem occurred during the target product processing.
Type: OperatorException
Message: Error on coregistration processing (possibly too large images): The Product ‘image_coreg’ already contains a band with the name ‘gray’.”

Note that Sentinel 1 and Sentinel 2 images cover an area of 30km x 30km. Is this too large?

Any preprocessing applied to the data? What product level is used?

The prefix of the S1 image is “S1A_IW_GRDH_1SDV”. Meanwhile the prefix of the S2 image is “S2A_MSIL2A”.

First, I am cropping the S1 and S2 images such that the resultant images cover a region of 30km x 30km.

Then I’m preprocessing the S1 image with the following functions:

1. Apply Orbit File
  2. S-1 Thermal Noise Removal
  3. Calibrate
  4. Range-Doppler Terrain Correction

As for the S2 image, I’m using the red, green and blue bands to generate a grayscale band.

Finally, I’m using the GeFolki coregistration method to register the S1 VH band with the S2 grayscale band.

that sound good so far. Although I’m usually not a big fan of changing the format, it might work here because GeFolki is an external plugin: Please try to export both images as subsets of equal extent as GeoTiffs and use them as inputs for the coregistration.

GeFolki has worked for me before. My data had the same dimensions and was only around 500x500 pixels. I was using data from another satellite. Just regular ungeoreferenced TIFF files that were loaded into SNAP. I’m not sure if Sentinel data has the same process.

1 Like

I tried using GeFolki on the images in GeoTIFF format and I got a similar error:

“A problem occurred during the target product processing.
Type: OperatorException
Message: Error on coregistration processing (possibly too large images): IOException occurred while reading TIFF image data.”