GeFolki coregistration

I wanted to test the GeFolki coregistration and had a closer look at it. According to the homepage it is able to coregister two SAR products but also optical data with SAR data.

Homepage
Manual
GitHub

Two references:

It seems like a very useful tool and I like the idea that it is accessible in SNAP. But I had some problems: I tried to coregister two optical VHR scenes (blue band only for a first test), but the resulting product contains only one band (the one of the slave image):

Has anyone made first experiences with this tool?

Two sentinel 2 image mosaiking

I tried to coregister two S1 images (subsets) of ascending and descending pass (as suggested by the tool manual), but the data is somehow not recognized.

also no luck with Sentinel-2 (B2) and Sentinel-1 (VV) (both subsets)

Hi Andreas
I am one of the developers of GeFolki. (matlab and python versions)
We didn’t know that GeFolki was already available in SNAP. What I do know is that the implementation in SNAP was, indeed, for an ESA project and the java code should be open-source (on Github) after testing and validation. The development /software integration team is CS ROMANIA.

Thus, we tested it just right now using SNAP but we were also unsuccessful.
Perhaps an additional validation step has to be performed. (Or an initialization step…)
I will try to know where things are.
Meanwhile, if you are interested in, we can help you to test it directly in python or Matlab on a few examples.

Dear @elisekoeniguer
Thank you for your answer. I didn’t know the tool before, to be honest, but after reading the papers I became really curious and think it is a great thing and very useful. I didn’t have the time so far to test it via Python but asked one of my students to do so. Based on what I read in the documentation it seems quite easy to do. But thank you for your offer, I might get back to it some day. I’ll report about the outcomes anyway :slight_smile: