Geometric quality failed

Hi, I am facing some Sen2 images that have failed the geometric quality test( can be seen in product specification before downloading the product). I wonder what it means? At first, I thought it might be due to georeferencing problem but it seems it is not. I overlaid some accurate online WMS on it and they fit pretty well! I wonder anyone has any ideas about these products? I mean is it safe to use them?
Thanks in advance.

do these answers help?

Thank you ABraun. As far as I understood, There might be couple of meters error in location. My scene is S2A_MSIL1C_20160831T095032_N0204_R079_T35VMJ_20160831T095217.SAFE. It seems almost all images in August 2016 have the same problem, which is a bummer since I am interested just in August for my research. The link you sent for data quality report is not working, I wonder apart from product attributes if there is any other quality report inside downloaded product?

here is the latest version: https://sentinel.esa.int/web/sentinel/user-guides/sentinel-2-msi/document-library/-/asset_publisher/Wk0TKajiISaR/content/sentinel-2-data-quality-report-issue-03-may-2016-?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fsentinel.esa.int%2Fweb%2Fsentinel%2Fuser-guides%2Fsentinel-2-msi%2Fdocument-library%3Fp_p_id%3D101_INSTANCE_Wk0TKajiISaR%26p_p_lifecycle%3D0%26p_p_state%3Dnormal%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26p_p_col_id%3Dcolumn-1%26p_p_col_count%3D1

1 Like

Hello Ziya @reza5635

Happy New Year.

Can you give me an idea of the products in question you have issues with? I presume the GEOMETRIC_QUALITY Report highlights the issue? It may well be that what you are seeing is the EPHEMERIS_QUALITY being flagged as out of range. Can you confirm, please?

Thanks in advance

Jan

S2 MPC/CC Operations Manager

Hi Jan, sorry for the late answer and happy new year to you too. I just noticed your wonder. Yes I confirm that it was geometric quality reported as failed! To be honest, due to that issue I used 2017 images and skipped 2016 ones due to that issue. I could not take the risk.

Kind Regards
Ziya

1 Like