Gpt run error:

Hello, everyone. l am new for proncessig sentinel 1. Now, i have a probelm.
Using gpt line, I want to convet SLC to GRD by myself.
Data: S1A_IW_SLC__1SDV_20161128T231449_20161128T231516_014149_016D93_256F

…error…

org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: -7
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.graph.GraphProcessor$GPFImagingListener.errorOccurred(GraphProcessor.java:363)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.sendExceptionToListener(SunTileScheduler.java:1646)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:921)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(OpImage.java:1129)
at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getData(PlanarImage.java:2085)
at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.getData(MultiLevelImage.java:64)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:407)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:393)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImage.computeRect(OperatorImage.java:73)
at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(SourcelessOpImage.java:137)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:904)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(OpImage.java:1129)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.RequestJob.compute(SunTileScheduler.java:247)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.WorkerThread.run(SunTileScheduler.java:468)
Caused by: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: -7
at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:432)
at org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.geometric.SRGROp.computeTile(SRGROp.java:290)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImage.computeRect(OperatorImage.java:80)
at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(SourcelessOpImage.java:137)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:904)
… 11 more
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -7
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.ProductData$Float.getElemDoubleAt(ProductData.java:2437)
at org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.geometric.SRGROp.computeTile(SRGROp.java:260)
… 14 more

Error: -7

Ir would be helpful to include the xml or the command you used.

thanks for your reply.
step1: gpt SLC_to_GRD_part1 is ok;
step2: gpt SLC_to_GRD_part2 is error, and information is above

SLC_to_GRD_part1.xml (2.9 KB)
SLC_to_GRD_part2.xml (2.7 KB)

I use snap to process the data step by step. And the error is same.

Doesn’t really answer your question, but when I use SLC-to-GRD, my steps are :

1. ThermalNoiseRemoval
  2. Calibration
  3. TOPSAR-Deburst
  4. SRGR
  5. GRD-Post

And here’s my graph (you should rewrite the outputs): Sentinel1SLCtoGRDGraph.xml (3.0 KB)

I know this but you can test this data. when processing SRGR, snap give the error message

I have the same problem, and when I use the snap tool S-1 SLC to GRD, error code -7 comes out.

Is there any one could help solving this problem? I download the data from Xia, while, i got the same problem… i’ll keep my eyes on this page and waiting for a hero to come…

That’s strange. When I use your data, it doesn’t work. I’ve got the very well explicit error “-57”.

But when I test on one of my image (S1A_IW_SLC__1SSH_20171005T184524_20171005T184551_018681_01F83F_179F), it works well.

If your notice, you can see that the naming convention of Sentinel 1 products changed between our two acquisitions (yours begins with S1A_IW_SLC__1SDV and mines with S1A_IW_SLC__1SSH). Maybe that causes the problem. Maybe @lveci has any comment on the problem? Thanks in advance.

hello, I use other data is ok.
Maybe this data need some other parameter to process.
I understand that SH means single HH polarization and DV mean dual polarization VV and VH.

You’re right -> https://sentinel.esa.int/web/sentinel/user-guides/sentinel-1-sar/naming-conventions

• SH (single HH polarisation)
  • SV (single VV polarisation)
  • DH (dual HH+HV polarisation)
  • DV (dual VV+VH polarisation)

Still it’s strange it doesn’t twork for your data. And apparantly you’re not alone

Hi, Rather than convert SLC to GRD yourself, why not just download the corresponding GRD product?

some place only has SLC, no GRD.So I must process by myself

Some choices in the conversion SLC->GRD are debatable. I like keeping the very fine range spatial resolution. For feature tracking for example, it can be helpful to keep it with as much details as possible.

In my case, the multi-looked step is highly not suitable

What is your WARP Polynomial order in processing parameters? If it is 4, try to change it to 3 or 2. This should work.