Gpt sentinel-1 back-geocoding error

Your 403 error is not related with STEP server (step.esa.int), I see it’s for URL:
http://cgiar-csi-srtm.openterrain.org.s3.amazonaws.com/source/srtm_59_08.zip

Thank you for your reply. I copy the URL and visit it in browser, but get:

Do you know how to fix it?
Thank you in advance

This is the same error as Response code: 403 on SRTM. I haven’t been able to find a solution

Thank you for reply~ Have you ever tried External DEM? I didn’t know why the tif format file would cause the ‘error in openning zip file’ :hushed:

I haven’t tried that as ASTER does what I need. I’ve been getting error opening zip file on SNAP 8 but going back to 7.0 fixed the problem for me

I’ve added the SRTM 90m DEM to a new bucket for now while we find a better home for it.
In you SNAP installation you can edit the snap.auxdata.properties file with

DEM.srtm3GeoTiffDEM_HTTP = http://skywatch-auxdata.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/dem/SRTM90/tiff/

The next update will have a proper source set by default

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply! I tried 1Sec(Auto Download) and it worked.

Thank you for your reply! I copied the URL http://skywatch-auxdata.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/dem/SRTM90/tiff/ and visited it in Chrome, but the page didn’t load properly. I will try in SNAP later~

A browser won’t list from the bucket but the objects in the bucket are public
http://skywatch-auxdata.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/dem/SRTM90/tiff/srtm_01_02.zip

Got it! Thank you very much!

Excuse me, I am new in this InSAR topics, and I need help with a problem. I don’t speak english but I will try to explain the situation very clear.

I am trying to make a corregistration for InSAR, but in Back Geocoding step when I use SRTM 3Sec DEM the process doesn’t advance, for that reason a moderator suggested me to use SRTM 1Sec, it almost worked, but the problem is that in Stack file for slave image the data dissapear and for that reason I can’t create an inteferogram, so the moderator sent me to this place and I have seen this link http://skywatch-auxdata.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/dem/SRTM90/tiff/, when I accessed the link it was downloaded a file, but I don’t know what is it and how I can open it, and I would like to know if that file can solve my problem.

Thank you.

please don’t cross-post your question over multiple topics. I have answered here: Problem with loading screen for S-1 Back Geocoding

Hi Iveci,

I am still getting below error even after updating the property

DEM.srtm3GeoTiffDEM_HTTP = http://skywatch-auxdata.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/dem/SRTM90/tiff/

Error:
ThermalNoiseRemoval
Executing processing graph
java.lang.NullPointerException
done.
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.operators.tooladapter.ToolAdapterIO: Initializing external tool adapters
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Incompatible GDAL 3.2.1 found on system. Internal GDAL 3.0.0 from distribution will be used.
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Internal GDAL 3.0.0 set to be used by SNAP.
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.util.EngineVersionCheckActivator: Please check regularly for new updates for the best SNAP experience.
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Internal GDAL 3.0.0 set to be used by SNAP.
INFO: org.hsqldb.persist.Logger: dataFileCache open start
org.esa.snap.core.gpf.graph.GraphException: [NodeId: ThermalNoiseRemoval] java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.graph.NodeContext.initTargetProduct(NodeContext.java:79)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.graph.GraphContext.initNodeContext(GraphContext.java:199)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.graph.GraphContext.initNodeContext(GraphContext.java:182)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.graph.GraphContext.initOutput(GraphContext.java:166)

I am working in a anaconda environment.
Could you please help.

can you please try to uninstall SNAP and re-install it including the removal of user configuration data

Then please install all updates and try again.

Hello Iveci,

thanks a lot for you solution I implemented back in December and it worked until now. I have the same error as before with an infinite loop where the code is trying to retrieve the srtm. Would it possible for you to have another look at it? Thanks a lot

This clearly indicates that you don’t use the most recent version. Please upgrade to SNAP 8.0.4
A process related to digital elevation models is taking forever to finish

1 Like

@ABraun thanks a lot for your help. I followed the installation choosing “Yes, try deleting SNAP user data” and I have now SNAP v 8.0. However, the same code that was working well now returns these two errors above using the function:

def terrain_correction(product,prj) :
    parameters = HashMap()
    parameters.put('sourceBandNames', 'Amplitude_VV')
    parameters.put('demResamplingMethod', 'CUBIC_CONVOLUTION') 
    parameters.put('imgResamplingMethod', 'CUBIC_CONVOLUTION') 
    parameters.put('demName', 'SRTM 3Sec') 
    parameters.put('pixelSpacingInMeter', 10.0)
    parameters.put('externalDEMApplyEGM', True)
    parameters.put('saveSelectedSourceBand', True)
    parameters.put('mapProjection', prj)
    parameters.put('nodataValueAtSea',False)
    parameters.put('maskOutAreaWithoutElevation',False)
    return GPF.createProduct("Terrain-Correction",parameters,product)
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Installed GDAL 3.0.4 set to be used by SNAP.
INFO: org.hsqldb.persist.Logger: dataFileCache open start
Exception calling QC Rest API:  Connect to qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int:443 [qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int/131.176.235.71] failed: Connection timed out: connect
WARNING: org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.orbits.ApplyOrbitFileOp: Connect to qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int:443 [qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int/131.176.235.71] failed: Connection timed out: connect
Exception calling QC Rest API:  Connect to qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int:443 [qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int/131.176.235.71] failed: Connection timed out: connect
WARNING: org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.orbits.ApplyOrbitFileOp: ApplyOrbit ignoring error and continuing: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int:443 [qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int/131.176.235.71] failed: Connection timed out: connect

RuntimeError: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException due to java.lang.NullPointerException
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: GDAL 3.0.4 found on system. JNI driver will be used.
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Installed GDAL 3.0.4 set to be used by SNAP.
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.operators.tooladapter.ToolAdapterIO: Initializing external tool adapters
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.util.EngineVersionCheckActivator: Please check regularly for new updates for the best SNAP experience.
'

Do you have any hint for it? Thanks a lot

similar blog also opened on a similar topic S1A product Terrain correction

1 Like

@ABraun - I am setting our code in another computer and I cannot find the SNAP 8.0.4 executable to install that version. I could only found 8.0.0 here Previous Versions – STEP thanks a lot

We only make installers for the major releases 8.0.0, 9.0.0 etc. You will need to update SNAP to the latest version yourself.

Please note that only the latest version (currently 9.x) is supported - you should switch to version 9.

1 Like

Hi enemni,

there is no installer for 8.0.4, only for 8.0.0.
You can update to the latest update within SNAP by the plugin manager. Which is 8.0.9 meanwhile.
Or you get the SNAP 9 installer, which is the moste recent version/installer

1 Like