GUI creation for SNAP operators

Hello everyone,
Greetings!

I am currently working on the development of python based SNAP plugins/operators. I have used default GUI available for my initial operators. However, now i am in need for complex GUI’s for my operators. Can anybody suggest me how to proceed with this issue.

My operator needs check-boxes and combo-boxes as an user interface.

Best Regards
Pavan

Sorry for letting you wait for quite some time.
Sometimes it happens that questions are overlooked.

When you implement an operator in python not all GUI features are available.
If this is needed a Java implementation should be considered.

But your requirements can be met. You need to define the parameters in the *-info.xml file.
See also What to consider when writing an Operator in Python

check-boxes

<parameter>
     <!-- The name of the parameter; user operator.getParameter('the_name') in your Python code to retrieve the value -->
     <name>the_name</name>
     <!-- The description is shown in the help on the command line and also as tooltip in the GUI -->
     <description>Some description</description>
     <!-- The type of the parameter; can be boolean, byte, short, int, long, float, double, java.lang.String -->
     <dataType>boolean</dataType> <!-- boolean will be displayed as checkbox -->
     <!-- The default value of the parameter; this is used if no value is specified by the user -->
     <defaultValue>True</defaultValue>
  </parameter>

combo-boxes

<parameter>
     <!-- The name of the parameter; user operator.getParameter('the_name') in your Python code to retrieve the value -->
     <name>the_name</name>
     <!-- The description is shown in the help on the command line and also as tooltip in the GUI -->
     <description>Some description</description>
     <!-- The type of the parameter; can be boolean, byte, short, int, long, float, double, java.lang.String -->
     <dataType>java.lang.String</dataType> 
     <!-- The valueSet defines the selectable values, displayed as combo-box or as list of selectable values. Not sure at the moment.-->         
     <valueSet>VALUE_ONE,VALUE_TWO,VALUE_THREE</valueSet>
     <!-- The default value of the parameter; this is used if no value is specified by the user -->
     <defaultValue>VALUE_ONE</defaultValue>
  </parameter>
1 Like

@marpet thanks for the reply :slightly_smiling_face: