Hangup after selecting World View tab

Whenever I try to look at a product on the World View, the entire program freezes and required me to force quit. I have the most recent updates, but I was experiencing this issue beforehand. Any thoughts?

not an explanation for the problem, but you could disable the World View and enable World Map instead (Menu > View > Tool Windows)

On which System are you running SNAP, Linux?
There the World View causes sometimes problems.
As Andreas already said you can switch to the world map.

It is also possible to disable the world view completly:

The World Wind View causes sometimes trouble on Linux, especially in VMs. This is often caused by the 3D graphics card driver. Updating the driver might help and if you are in a VM it might help to enable 3D support. You can try to switch the World Wind View in to the flat mode. This can be done in the options panel in the World Wind tab of the General section or paste this property

snap.worldwind.useFlatEarth=true

into the snap.properties file which is located in the etc folder of the SNAP installation directory.

If this still does not help you can remove the World Wind View module:

Delete snap/modules/org-esa-snap-snap-worldwind.jar within the installation directory.

If you then start SNAP you get a warning that this module is missing. Accept it and let SNAP remember the decision.