Help with snappy installation

Hi,

I have

1. 64-bit Windows 10 on an Intel 64-bit laptop.
  2. 64-bit Python (version 2.7.14) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32]
  3. 64-bit SNAP 6 (all toolboxes)

My problem:
I cannot configure snappy because it keeps saying that there is a runtime error saying that it “Can’t load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform”.

My question:
I have not yet install GDAL and Mapserver as of yet. Should I install the 64-bit Gdal prior to configuration?

Many many thanks in advance.

• Kenny

Here is the full error message:

INFO: Installing from Java module ‘C:\Program Files\snap\snap\modules\org-esa-snap-snap-python.jar’
INFO: Installing jpy…
INFO: Extracting ‘lib/jpy-0.8.0-cp27-none-win_amd64.whl’ from ‘C:\Program Files\snap\snap\modules\org-esa-snap-snap-python.jar’
INFO: Unzipping ‘C:\Users\Reena Gurung.snap\snap-python\snappy\lib\jpy-0.8.0-cp27-none-win_amd64.whl’
INFO: Configuring jpy…
INFO: jpy Python API configuration written to ‘C:\Users\Reena Gurung.snap\snap-python\snappy\jpyconfig.py’
INFO: jpy Java API configuration written to ‘C:\Users\Reena Gurung.snap\snap-python\snappy\jpyconfig.properties’
INFO: Configuring snappy…
INFO: snappy configuration written to ‘C:\Users\Reena Gurung.snap\snap-python\snappy\snappy.ini’
INFO: Importing snappy for final test…
ERROR: Configuration failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “.\snappyutil.py”, line 266, in _main
force=args.force)
File “.\snappyutil.py”, line 213, in configure_snappy
import(‘snappy’)
File "C:\Users\Reena Gurung.snap\snap-python\snappy…\snappy_init
.py", line 380, in
Engine.start()
RuntimeError: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Reena Gurung.snap\auxdata\gdal\environment-variables.dll: Can’t load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

p.s. I also tried configuring SNAPPY with 32-bit SNAP 6 and 32-bit python. This is the error message I get:

INFO: Installing from Java module ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\snap\snap\modules\org-esa-snap-snap-python.jar’
WARNING: Architecture requirement possibly not met: Python is amd64 but JVM requires x86
INFO: Installing jpy…
INFO: Extracting ‘lib/jpy-0.8.0-cp27-none-win32.whl’ from ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\snap\snap\modules\org-esa-snap-snap-python.jar’
INFO: Unzipping ‘C:\Users\Reena Gurung.snap\snap-python\snappy\lib\jpy-0.8.0-cp27-none-win32.whl’
INFO: Configuring jpy…
INFO: jpy Python API configuration written to ‘C:\Users\Reena Gurung.snap\snap-python\snappy\jpyconfig.py’
INFO: jpy Java API configuration written to ‘C:\Users\Reena Gurung.snap\snap-python\snappy\jpyconfig.properties’
INFO: Configuring snappy…
INFO: snappy configuration written to ‘C:\Users\Reena Gurung.snap\snap-python\snappy\snappy.ini’
INFO: Importing snappy for final test…
ERROR: Configuration failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “.\snappyutil.py”, line 266, in _main
force=args.force)
File “.\snappyutil.py”, line 213, in configure_snappy
import(‘snappy’)
File "C:\Users\Reena Gurung.snap\snap-python\snappy…\snappy_init
.py", line 235, in
jpy.create_jvm(options=_get_snap_jvm_options())
RuntimeError: jpy: failed to create Java VM

Are you sure about the Python version? Is it 64Bit?
Maybe you have tow installations and snappy uses the wrong one?
You can check the settings in <USERHOME>\.snap\snap-python\snappy.properties
There is the path to the python executable specified.

Probably it is best if you remove the gdal modules. In the following thread it is explained how to do it.