How can I convert PauliRGB.bmp to Geotif

I was able to generate a PauliRGB.kml from PauliRGB.bmp but how do I generate a geotif image from PauliRGB.bmp?

I believe after applying geocode [C2] matrix in PolSARpro the image is already geocoded but the final output only have the .bmp option.

1 Like

Did you try up, File Export to Geotiff, this is in SNAP, check up please if the same option in polSARpro

yes, this is the correct tool. Actually, the output is also PolSARpro filetype (*.bin)
grafik

You can then convert it to TIFF afterwards under Display > Convert BMP File

grafik

1 Like

Hi all,

Using the “Convert BMP file” to convert a “.bmp” file to “.tiff” will do the conversion but will not save the coordinate system.

I found a way to get this to work by extracting the coordinate system from the “.kml” file.

Thanks.

1 Like

Dear Andreas,

I experienced some bugs through “Convert BMP File” with PolSARpro v6.0. It kept reminding me there are some problems with my saving direcitory, which is actually exist on my computer.

Could you please advise on this matter or if anything I porbably missed out ?

Thank you for your time in advance.

Regards,
Izzy

alpha.bmp (751.1 KB)

I think PolSARpro doesn’t like paths with spaces.
Try to store your data under C:\SAR\
for example.

Thanks heaps for your timely response!
I created a short direcotry as suggested, and it’s currently processing.

Regards,
Izzy

Dear Andreas,

After changing the path, PolSARpro v6.0 start to convert the .bmp file process, but it takes fairly long time to run on a small file and kills the porgram in the end. The dataset I used is Frevoland.stk from AirSAR.

Is this a bug in PolSARpro v6.0 or could you please suggest other way to overcome it?

Thank you.

Regards,
Izzy

I don’t know this dataset, sorry. Could have many reasons. Are your files stored on an external drive (USB or network)?

It is on my local drive, very strange.
Will be keen to see if other has been successfully execute this function.

The Input GEARTH_POLY file would be the one that came with the dataset?
And the Input Config Acquisition File is the subset that we assigned?