How to calculate the subsidence using SBAS technique using GAMMA

Hi Everyone,

I am new to SAR technology. I am currently working on Subsidence analysis using GAMMA software. Can anyone help me what are the steps are required for calculate the subsidence (series of Images)?.

Thank you.

1 Like

This Forum is only concerned with SNAP software, please contact directly the GAMMA company,

Source: https://www.gamma-rs.ch/

The MintPy software package can be used for SBAS analysis of data processed with SNAP, GAMMA, ISCE, or other packages. It is Open Source and available from GitHub:

But still SNAP doesn’t support preparing data for SBAS technique!

According to @mengdahl With regarding to SBAS technique, “We will support interfacing with PyRate in the future so unfortunately the wait not over yet, but it will come! The current target is SNAP8.0 that should be released in ~6 months.”

Source of the post

Thank you very much Eric.

If you want to do serious time-series InSAR analysis, you might want to consider switching to the Open Source ISCE software.

It is command-line only, though, unlike SNAP. The ISCE version 2 software includes a Sentinel-1 stack processor that is designed for time-series analysis and can be loaded directly into MintPy.

4 Likes

Dear @EJFielding,
Can you please forward the full installation steps of ISCE2?

which one is the best software for running SBAS, GMTSAR, or ISCE?

I have used ISCE2 for more than 10 years and I have not used GMTSAR since about 12 years ago, so I have a bias for ISCE2. I think both of them are good InSAR stack processing systems to process data for SBAS analysis.

The installation guide for ISCE2 is on the GitHub site. The easiest way is to use Anaconda or Miniconda as those systems can install all the required libraries, but there are other options described.

1 Like

Thank you for your valuable suggestions @EJFielding.