How to import COSMO Second Generation single polarization data

Data form: H5
Polarization channel: HH
polsarpro v6.0 seems to support processing of COSMO Second Generation data(COSMO CSG)
but it requires dual or quad pol
how can i import single-pol (only HH) data?

PolSARpro is a software for polarimetric SAR analysis. None of the tools will work with single polarization (HH). What is your aim with the data?

just for classification
it need calibration, speckle filter, geo correction,etc
How can I deal with it?

These tasks are better done in SNAP, although classifying a one band image is challenging. You find some hints in this tutorial: Landcover classification with Sentinel-1 GRD

Dear ABraun,

Is there any tool can be used to make geometric correction and radiometric calibration for the data acquired by Cosmo Second Generation? The SNAP cannot open the single-pol Cosmo-SG data. Could you give me some suggestions? Thxs.

LILY

1 Like

You are right, these products are not yet supported by SNAP, but probably with the next release.

1 Like

I just met the same problem as Lily. I failed to use SNAP to import COSMO-SG data. :frowning_face:
But thank you all the same, ABraun. :grinning:

Hi, have you found a solution to this problem? I would like to calibrate CSG data but I can not do it in Snap. Please let me know if you have found a solution.

Hi, have you found a solution to this problem? I would like to calibrate CSG data but I can not do it in Snap. Please let me know if you have found a solution.