How to Install SNAPHU on Mac OSX and Windows for Unwrapping InSAR Images?

It does. Both in computation time and results’ quality.

Hey, I took a new area and create an interferogram

but after unwrapping I tried to import it and it shows this error

what does it mean?? can you please tell me.

was the unw_*img file created correctly and which file did you select for the input?

yes i complet the unwrapping porcess successfuly.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 2.23.02 PM

so which file did you select for the snaphu import?

Please also check here: Problem in Snaphu Import section

thanks for giving your precious time to me.
Actually when I apply "goldstein phase filtering " on data after DInSAR >multilook>goldstein phase filtering. then it generates two phase in my bands. which make complication in export.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 12.46.49 AM

when exporting this file it takes “phase_ifg_srd_vv” not the other one in snaphu.conf file.

I think it should read the “phase_ifg_vv”. See the difference in both file

can you please tell me, where I am making mistake.

very strange. I haven’t seen this behaviour, but maybe it is caused by the topographic phase. Can you please go back to the interferogram formation and directly activate topographic phase removal here:
grafik

Then you can directly proceed with debursting, multi-looking and filtering.

I did the same thing which has mentioned by you.
now it’s showing this error while doing the filtering.

did you select VV polarization only during TOPS Split?

Yes, I select VV polarization

should I take both VV and VH

actually not. VV only is good.

At which step does the error occur, snaphu export or import?

Please show a screenshot of the files which were exported from SNAP

this error occurs when I do Goldstein phase filtering

that does not make sense at all.

Would it take long to start again from the beginning? I suspect something went wrong during a writing process…

Ok, I’ll try it again.
thanks for the suggestions

I repeat all the processes again and it’s again creat two phases.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 12.18.45 AM
please help me. its very important for me

1 Like

Hey Tamanna,
I’ve been observing the difficulty you’re facing from the start through my email notifications. Yes, dealing with interferometry and SAR complex data requires lots of patience and time and is a computationally intense work. I am happy to see you not giving up on it and special thanks to @ABraun sir for assistance.

1. I don’t know much because for our semester project we created DEM using sentinel 1 data if you would like I can share that information (presentation) with you where we have explained everything for DEM creation and the difficulties we faced while doing it.
  2. Looking at this two phase issue I think one phase is a virtual phase band. I suggest you convert it to a true band or ignore it(virtual) in band subset. The real and imaginary i and q bands seems fine and as far as I know a virtual phase band is created on the fly like it’s not an actual band.
  3. Can you do a bands subset? and select only the true phase band then export it via snaphu export?
1 Like

Thanks for your valuable suggestions,
I tried it but I am not satisfied with the result.

Before and after unwrapping.

And I will be thankful to you if you share the presentation which may be useful for me.

You can mail me the presentation at “tamannadahiya19@gmail.com”.