How to prepare ERS/ENVISAT images stack for PSI in SNAP5

For example in case of 5 images, of which 1 master and 4 slaves:
step1: master+first slave -> coregistration, if necessary deburst (and possibly subset), interferogram, topographic phase removal, export.
step2: master+second slave -> coregistration, if necessary deburst (and possibly subset), interferogram, topographic phase removal, export .
step3: master+third slave -> coregistration, if necessary deburst (and possibly subset), interferogram, topographic phase removal, export .
step4: master+fourth slave -> coregistration, if necessary deburst (and possibly subset), interferogram, topographic phase removal, export .
step5: create a stack with results of step1,step2, step3, step4.
Is it more clear now?

4 Likes

Thank you so much, yes of course

Hello, I ve done everything that you said above, but when i am trying to do te Export to StaMPS command , i got an error that says “The product ‘ifg_dinsar_Stack’ already contains a band with the name ‘i_20061013.rslc’”. I would like to mention that I work with Envisat data.
Could anyone know about it?

Thank you !!!

Did you also use AP (Alternate Polarization) mode data? It contains HH and VV of the same date which potentially leads to such errors.

Hi,

I’m also planning on processing ENVISAT in S1TBX on SNAP to ultimately export it to StaMPS in Matlab, and run the PSI algorithm there.

I was wondering (given that the conversation dated from 2017): are the problems with SNAP’s Topographic Phase Removal still around after the release of the current version of SNAP (7.0)?
And if the situation is different now, what is the recommended workflow for ENVISAT processing in SNAP for PSI preparation?

Thanks in advance

Stripmap data is less difficult, because you don’t need Split, Deburst…

For using ENVISAT in StaMPS I recommend

1. Subset (if necessary)
  2. Apply orbit file
  3. coregistration (one master, multiple slaves)
  4. Interferogram generation (including topographic phase removal)
  5. StaMPS export with the outcomes of #3 and #4
2 Likes

I want to process Envest images for PSI, but I do not know what software I should use. Can anyone guide me? Can they be processed with Snap?

@despina98 you can do the preparation in SNAP as suggested here and then use StaMPS for the PSI analysis

So where do I download Envest images?

here: https://esar-ds.eo.esa.int/oads/access/collection

Oh thank you very much.Which image mode should I download?

IMS because it has phase information

Can I process different Tracks together? Because the number of images related to one or two Trackss for my study area is very low.There may be 3 or 4 for each year.

no, InSAR requires data from the same track

SNAP 5? Latest Version?

SNAP 8.0.3 is the latest version

Dear All,

So I tried to use PS InSAR method using ERS IMS data, and these are steps that i had done in SNAP & StaMPS:

1. apply orbit file
  2. coregistration
  3. interferogram generation (with topographic phase removal)
  4. Export to StaMPS
    and the staMPS gave me a strange result which is not geometrically corrected yet or wrongly corrected image, i am not encountered this problem when i am using Sentinel 1 images, since i receive result in geometrically corrected image

what mistakes i could possiblly have done ? do i need to do terrain correction first before export it to StaMPS ?

thank you all for your time and attention,
regards

can you please show a screenshot as an example?

1 Like

dear sir ABraun, pardon for the late reply

these are ERS IMS images (both are descending orbit, single VV polarization) 2009-2010 i use :
1 2

this is the staMPS results ( i am using default parameter, just to test it) :

and this is (not related), i tested terrain correction for the ERS data, and it shows appropriate image:

i was using the processing steps above that i was mentioned earlier, at this point, idont know what mistakes i have made,

thank you for your attention sir ABraun,
regards,

Could it be that this is the minimum intersecting area of all selected products along this track?
StaMPS only evaluates pixels which are covered by all scenes.