How to prepare Sentinel-1 images stack for PSI/SBAS in SNAP

I think it’s important to add up the path, because it’s needed to run from cm, some python scripts, for easy example I download images using *py

Please install csh interpreter

Regarding the SEVERE message from the path… you can export the path on the enviromental variable including the . into the LIBRARY_PATH variable. Still this does not produce any error while running the snap2stamps scripts.

I hope his helps

1 Like

I’d prefer the first one “Add Anaconda to my PATH variable” because it makes python scripts executable from any location.

The second one can be critical if you don’t fully control the versions on your PC. For instance, ArcGIS has its own Python, so does ERDAS, QGIS and so on. If you make the Anaconda environment the absolute first, the installation of packages can ruin pre-configured environments of these programs.

1 Like

You mean to check the box, as it explains in the video, because the first option says uncheck the box “add anaconda…”

the first one gives you less trouble, the second one needs more control - just my personal opinion.

Hello dear members of this forum. I want to thank to all persons who help to each other.

My problem is picture install below. i m working with latest version of StaMPS under linux 19.04 system and SNAP 6.0 . Initially only for trying the PSI process i chose 6 S1A-SLC images totally (1 master+ 5 slaves). Unfortunatelly getting an amplitude value like ‘inf’ and ‘0’. I think this is a problem and trigger the matlab proccesses as negatively. [I would like to set time series and see the deformation on an area on the floor by years]. Thank you. Best regards… @mdelgado, @marcu, @ABraun, @gabrielaquintana77, @FeiLiu, @katherine, @bayzidul

1 Like

For what you show here my guess is that the coregistration resulted in corrupted data (NaNs) and for this reason then you get Inf as average amplitude.
The second issue of Segmentation fault should be linked to RAM available in the computer.
Obviously the 0 bytes are linked to all previous issues.

My suggestion is to check the output of the coregistration to see whether both master and slaves seem fine, as well as the interferograms.

I would like to ask you about the computer RAM resources and snap configuration employed to run the TOPSAR-coreg … as it could be the origin of all.
But it could happen that I am totally wrong…

Please check it out and let us know.

Hello Dear @mdelgado ,

Thanks for reply and contributing! I’m thinking the same thing with you that the problem is based on SNAP (maybe because of images, maybe some process in SNAP). My images i used are 5,8,9,6,4,7 (see Picture below). And i upload some screenshots about how some process looking as an image. Doing all process i m using 2 machine.

1. I’m working by intel Core i7 processor with 16 GB RAM supported SSD for SNAP analysis on Windows 10 system.

2. I’m working by intel core i5 processor with 4 GB RAM non supported SSD for other analysis(StaMPS-Matlab) on Linux 19.04 system. Best regards.

Well, amplitude images seems fine… but still strange the inf mean amplitude got from mt_prep_snap as said 0 pixels had non-zero values.

Maybe you got error while exporting for StaMPS PSI? Can you open the rslc files? It is better to do one more check than one check less.

Dear @mdelgado

Thanks for replying. There were no errors during entire SNAP processing, everything was normal and acceptable. Here is my rslc folder (see Picture below). Best regards. @JAMIE

Had you tried to see the content of the rslc files?

Another thing could be… when you compiled the folder stamps/src , had you got any warnings?
WHich version of gcc compiler had you used?

Dear @mdelgado,
Actually i have no errors during the process you say. And Here is the screenshots of terminal you asked me(you can see below). I had tried a lot of version of StaMPS , such as 4.1, 3.3b, 3.2.1. However i got the same error . I know that @Sharon had some errors like mine but solved it. I’m trying to find and wonder the source of error(s). Best regards.

could you please plot the logging of the compiling output done in the stamps/src folder?
In the sense… please do within that folder the commands make
I ask you to check this as I got issues in the past using compilers newer than 4.8 for ubuntu.

Still, if you manage to solve the problem, please share it here with others.

Dear @mdelgado

Thank you for replying and clarify. After extract to any folder to StaMPS tar. file, i followed the offical installation manual for all StaMPS versions. From stamps/src directory, tried
‘make’ and ‘make install’. Here is the ‘make’ command in terminal for first part of installation you mean.

I tried the same Stamps-Matlab process with different exported radar data(dem,rslc,geo,diff0) with different master . Mean amplitude are always ‘inf’ and ‘zero’. At least now i guess there is no link between radar images that i used and stamps error. Probably error is caused by something else…

Dear @ledotimea @twburns
İ got the same problem with you. How did you get rid of this problem (line 81 and line 139 errors in your post). Need for your experience. Looking forward to your answer curiously. I upload the screenshot below to show what i have.
footnote: My Stamps process to run mt_prep in Terminal was succesful but i had ‘zero’ and ‘inf’ amplitude value. I don’t know if zero amplitude and having line 81 and 139 errors related with each other. Here is also link i posted. Please take a look at it and you ll see what i have during processing with StaMPS in terminal. Best regards . How to prepare Sentinel-1 images stack for PSI/SBAS in SNAP

Exactly for those messages you should compile with gcc version 4.8 max.
Please install it and use that gcc version 4.8 for doing the make and make install you illustrate there.

This should solve your problem. So please check it out and let us know

Because of this I would not say it was successful, just the software does not say… “Error”. But in fact… having inf as mean amplitude value is not much successful

Hello
Please would you send me your summary?
rizkyberzatas@gmail.com
Thanks for your help!

Dear @mdelgado

I solved the ‘zero’ and ‘inf’ amplitude problem by using the way you said. Pscands files no longer is not empty. Thank you very much. I’m grateful to you. it worked changing the gcc version to 4.8 which is older. That was all. Now i ‘m on the next step. I got another error message approaching the end of PSI in MATLAB in Step 6. If you have any experience for this error, i will be waiting for help from you again. Can be seen some uploaded screenshoots to figure out my process of stamps, also what kind of matlab error message i get in step 6.(i tried stamps (1,7) for initial step in matlab). Best regards.

-Error using fread
İnvalid file identifier. Use fopen to generate a valid file idenifier.

I want also thank to @twburns that he gave me some hints about whole process.

I am glad that you solved it and that my advice were useful.

Regarding your new error I am wondering whether you got on your environment PATH variable before opening matlab the binaries of triangle and snaphu so the unwrap steps can go on.

Please check it out and let me know