I am facing this problem. Any comment and suggestions is welcomed! When I want to open product (sentinel 2 zip file) it is not working. I am using the SNAP for the first time, and just installed. I followed some of the suggesstions from others but

java.lang.IllegalStateException: GDAL NOT initialised! Check log for details.
at org.esa.snap.dataio.gdal.GDALLoader.ensureGDALInitialised(GDALLoader.java:69)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.gdal.drivers.GDALReflection.fetchGDALLibraryClass(GDALReflection.java:64)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.gdal.drivers.GDALReflection.fetchGDALLibraryConstant(GDALReflection.java:30)
Caused: java.lang.IllegalStateException
at org.esa.snap.dataio.gdal.drivers.GDALReflection.fetchGDALLibraryConstant(GDALReflection.java:33)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.gdal.drivers.GDALConst.gaReadonly(GDALConst.java:28)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.computeJP2MatrixCellsResolutionCountWithGDAL(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:295)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.computeJP2MatrixCellsResolutionCount(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:321)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.computeMatrixCellsResolutionCount(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:286)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.addBands(Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.java:551)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.readProduct(Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.java:265)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.readProductNodesImpl(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:199)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:178)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReaderProxy.readProductNodes(Sentinel2OrthoProductReaderProxy.java:90)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIO.readProduct(ProductIO.java:182)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.ReadProductOperation.run(ReadProductOperation.java:61)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1443)
at org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:68)
at org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:303)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2058)

Hi @ahmadi.abdh,

To understand your problem and provide a best solution we need more information from you.

Please let us:

• the name and version of your Operating System
  • the version of SNAP you use

Regards
Adrian

I am using Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, and my SNAP version is 9.00.

Thank you @ahmadi.abdh for your quick reply.

The solution for you is:

• delete the %USERPROFILE%/.snap/auxdata/gdal directory after the SNAP Application is closed.

Now, you can start the SNAP Application again and it will need to work.

Regards
Adrian

Sorry, it is still not working.

at org.esa.snap.dataio.gdal.GDALLoader.ensureGDALInitialised(GDALLoader.java:69)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.gdal.drivers.GDALReflection.fetchGDALLibraryClass(GDALReflection.java:64)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.gdal.drivers.GDALReflection.fetchGDALLibraryConstant(GDALReflection.java:30)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.gdal.drivers.GDALReflection.fetchGDALLibraryConstant(GDALReflection.java:33)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.computeJP2MatrixCellsResolutionCountWithGDAL(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:295)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.computeJP2MatrixCellsResolutionCount(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:321)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.computeMatrixCellsResolutionCount(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:286)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.addBands(Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.java:551)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.readProduct(Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.java:265)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.readProductNodesImpl(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:199)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:178)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReaderProxy.readProductNodes(Sentinel2OrthoProductReaderProxy.java:90)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.ReadProductOperation.run(ReadProductOperation.java:61)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2058)

An error crept in the S2 reader during the last SNAP update. Our team is currently working on it and there will be a new update available today.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

1 Like

I hope I get it as soon as possible, because I need to submit my homework.

I have this error too and can confirm it is new. SNAP was working OK a few days ago but now fails with this same error:

Yes, unfortunately, I still can not open a product.

Hello @ahmadi.abdh ,
The fix is not available yet, but you can use SNAP 9.0.6 again by following the steps below:

1. Close SNAP
  2. Delete C:\Users<users>\AppData\Roaming\SNAP and C:\Users<users>\ .snap folders ==> you will get a clean 9.0.0 installation
  3. Open SNAP → Check for updates

SNAP update 9.0.8 which fixes the S2 reader is now available.

2 Likes

@diana_harosa working correctly now, thank you!