I cannot view images from SENTINEL data in SNAP for MACos

Hello,

Please I have problems when I try to open images from SENTINEL DATA, The follow message appear:

Failed to open image view.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

In the description, It appear (sorry for so long expression) :

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sun.media.imageioimpl.common.ImageUtil.getDestinationType(Ljavax/imageio/ImageReadParam;Ljava/util/Iterator;)Ljavax/imageio/ImageTypeSpecifier;
at it.geosolutions.imageioimpl.plugins.tiff.TIFFImageReader.prepareRead(TIFFImageReader.java:1340)
at it.geosolutions.imageioimpl.plugins.tiff.TIFFImageReader.readAsRenderedImage(TIFFImageReader.java:1374)
at org.esa.s1tbx.io.imageio.ImageIOFile.getData(ImageIOFile.java:315)
at org.esa.s1tbx.io.imageio.ImageIOFile.readImageIORasterBand(ImageIOFile.java:267)
at org.esa.s1tbx.io.sentinel1.Sentinel1ProductReader.readBandRasterDataImpl(Sentinel1ProductReader.java:158)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readBandRasterData(AbstractProductReader.java:250)
at org.esa.snap.core.image.BandOpImage.computeProductData(BandOpImage.java:67)
at org.esa.snap.core.image.RasterDataNodeOpImage.computeRect(RasterDataNodeOpImage.java:127)
at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(SourcelessOpImage.java:145)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:912)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(OpImage.java:1139)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.StxFactory.accumulateTile(StxFactory.java:339)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.StxFactory.accumulate(StxFactory.java:323)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.StxFactory.accumulate(StxFactory.java:296)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.StxFactory.create(StxFactory.java:200)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.StxFactory.create(StxFactory.java:274)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.RasterDataNode.computeStxImpl(RasterDataNode.java:2427)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.Band.computeStxImpl(Band.java:504)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.RasterDataNode.getStx(RasterDataNode.java:2394)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.RasterDataNode.createDefaultImageInfo(RasterDataNode.java:1802)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.Band.createDefaultImageInfo(Band.java:483)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.RasterDataNode.getImageInfo(RasterDataNode.java:1784)
at org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.RasterDataNode.getImageInfo(RasterDataNode.java:1767)
at org.esa.snap.core.image.ImageManager.prepareImageInfos(ImageManager.java:834)
at org.esa.snap.core.image.ColoredBandImageMultiLevelSource.create(ColoredBandImageMultiLevelSource.java:51)
at org.esa.snap.core.image.ColoredBandImageMultiLevelSource.create(ColoredBandImageMultiLevelSource.java:47)
at org.esa.snap.core.image.ColoredBandImageMultiLevelSource.create(ColoredBandImageMultiLevelSource.java:41)
at org.esa.snap.ui.product.ProductSceneImage.(ProductSceneImage.java:69)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.window.OpenImageViewAction.createProductSceneImage(OpenImageViewAction.java:271)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.window.OpenImageViewAction.access$100(OpenImageViewAction.java:69)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.window.OpenImageViewAction$1.doInBackground(OpenImageViewAction.java:236)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.window.OpenImageViewAction$1.doInBackground(OpenImageViewAction.java:213)
at com.bc.ceres.swing.progress.ProgressMonitorSwingWorker.doInBackground(ProgressMonitorSwingWorker.java:55)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.get(SwingWorker.java:602)
[catch] at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.window.OpenImageViewAction$1.done(OpenImageViewAction.java:221)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(SwingWorker.java:737)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(SwingWorker.java:832)
at sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(AccumulativeRunnable.java:112)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(SwingWorker.java:842)
at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:313)
at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:245)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:159)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Is there any way for fix this issue??
I update the java, and try with different data levels.

BEST REGARDS

what image did you download? SLC or GRD? How large is the file? Did you open it with the import option or just by “open product”?

Hello, I downloaded an GRD image, the measurements tif file is of 850.3 MB, and I tried in both options: “import” and “open product”, the results are alway the same: an error.
I thought I could be java; I just update It, but neither doesn’t work.
The file name is:
S1A_IW_GRDH_1SSV_20170326T110159_20170326T110224_015862_01A234_AF18_2.SAFE

Thanks and regards

I downloaded S1A_IW_GRDH_1SSV_20170326T110159_20170326T110224_015862_01A234_AF18.zip (without the _2) from ASF
I opened the zip file in SNAP without any problem. Don’t open the tif files directly. Open the zip or the .SAFE files.

Ok,
Sorry the “_2” was for duplicate download;

Yes, I opened the files using the .SAFE files; I am not directly opened the tif file.

Are you using MacOS System??, because in Windows I have not problem; I refer for MacOS.