Iceland Aster DEM Coregistration Auxdata

Hello,

I am trying to use Aster 1sec GDEM tiles that I downloaded from NASA’s Earthdata Website for Sentinel-1 TOPS Coregistration of SLC IW images acquired over Iceland. I am using OS X El Capitan 10.11.5.

I placed the tiles in zip-format in the AuxData/DEMs/ASTER folder and checked that the snap.auxdata.properties file points to that location. Unfortunately, the S1Tbx cannot find/use the downloaded tiles and keeps producing empty slave and master images as output. Does anyone have an idea what could be cause of this?

Just to check, I ran the coregistration using the GETASSE30 auto-downloaded DEM and the output looked fine then.

I would be very grateful for any advice or recommendations on how I can solve this issue!

Thanks,

Christine

Hi Christine,

I have no experience with ASTER so far, but in my installation the folder name is a bit different:
auxdata\dem\ASTER 1sec GDEM

Did you use this or just auxdata\dem\ASTER?

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt advice! I actually had to add an ‘ASTER’ folder in AuxData/DEMs manually (only folder in there was the SRTM_DEM/tiff), and have also just added a ‘ASTER 1sec GDEM’ and a path for that in the snap.auxdata.properties file, but unfortunately that has not solved the issue.

Could the format of the ASTER tiles be the problem? I kept them in .zip archives together with the corresponding .zip.xml files…

I looked at the error log, but I am not sure what it means, maybe someone understands this better:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jhdf5 in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1864)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:870)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1122)
at ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.H5.loadH5Lib(H5.java:339)
at ncsa.hdf.hdf5lib.H5.(H5.java:266)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.hdf5.Hdf5ProductWriterPlugIn.loadHdf5Lib(Hdf5ProductWriterPlugIn.java:148)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.hdf5.Hdf5ProductWriterPlugIn.(Hdf5ProductWriterPlugIn.java:45)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)
at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.nextService(ServiceLoader.java:380)
at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.next(ServiceLoader.java:404)
at java.util.ServiceLoader$1.next(ServiceLoader.java:480)
at org.esa.snap.SnapCoreActivator.loadServices(SnapCoreActivator.java:60)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIOPlugInManager.(ProductIOPlugInManager.java:195)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIOPlugInManager$Holder.(ProductIOPlugInManager.java:201)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIOPlugInManager.getInstance(ProductIOPlugInManager.java:45)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.ui.TargetProductSelectorModel.(TargetProductSelectorModel.java:67)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.ui.SingleTargetProductDialog.(SingleTargetProductDialog.java:58)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.ui.DefaultSingleTargetProductDialog.(DefaultSingleTargetProductDialog.java:72)
at org.esa.snap.smart.configurator.ui.BenchmarkDialog.(BenchmarkDialog.java:72)
at org.esa.snap.smart.configurator.ui.PerformancePanel.processingParamsComputeButtonActionPerformed(PerformancePanel.java:557)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6535)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6300)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2236)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4891)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2294)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4713)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4888)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4525)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4466)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2280)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2750)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4713)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:729)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: Operator ‘GLCMOp’: Mandatory source product (field ‘sourceProduct’) not set.
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.processSourceProductField(OperatorContext.java:937)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.initSourceProductFields(OperatorContext.java:901)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.initSourceProductFields(OperatorContext.java:893)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.initializeOperator(OperatorContext.java:481)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getTargetProduct(OperatorContext.java:272)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.Operator.getTargetProduct(Operator.java:382)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.GPF.createProductNS(GPF.java:315)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.GPF.createProduct(GPF.java:290)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.GPF.createProduct(GPF.java:269)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.ui.DefaultSingleTargetProductDialog.createTargetProduct(DefaultSingleTargetProductDialog.java:137)
at org.esa.snap.smart.configurator.ui.BenchmarkDialog.access$400(BenchmarkDialog.java:49)
at org.esa.snap.smart.configurator.ui.BenchmarkDialog$BenchmarkExecutor.run(BenchmarkDialog.java:181)
at org.netbeans.modules.progress.ui.RunOffEDTImpl$3.run(RunOffEDTImpl.java:275)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1423)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

Any ideas or help are very welcome!

maybe it is the naming convention of the zip-files that prevents that the right data is found by SNAP. How is your data named?

It turned out to be two issues: somehow the zip file I downloaded from NASA did not actually contain all the tiles I needed and also I had to put them in a ‘hidden’ folder (OSX is a bit funny with that). But it is all solved now and works. Thank you for your time though!

I’m glad you solved it.

Maybe you can explain a bit more how you found out that all required tiles were not included and a bit about the hidden folder in OSX. Just in case there are people who have the same issue some day.

Tell me more about how you deleted the topographic phase