Idepix Cloud Mask Sentinel 2 taking too long

Hi,

I have been trying to remove the clouds from my Sentinel 2 image but after resampling and then running the cloud mask nothing happens. I click run and wait (for 2 hours) but nothing happens. If I try and click on other areas of Snap it stops responding and shuts down. I have tried on both 10m and 60m but although the 60m resampling was faster, the same issues occurred for the cloud mask. I am using a Mac with 16GB of RAM.

Is there anything I can do to overcome this or workaround?

In case you use SRTM 3Sec for this task, please have a look at this FAQ entry: A process related to digital elevation models is taking forever to finish

1 Like

Beside the issue @Abraun mentioned, which might cause the main problem in your case, we know that the Idepix for S2 is not extremely fast. We are working on it.
There have been updates released lately. Have you installed them?
With update 8.0.2 it should work better.

Hi,

I am not sure what SRTM 3Sec is. I am not using a Digital Evolution Model though. Would this information be useful for Idepix and Sentinel 2 imagery?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have installed all the updates as of yesterday and I am still having the same issues. I was wondering if there was a way to clip the image before the cloud mask because I only need a small section. When I have tried to subset in the past it no longer recognises the file as a Sentinel 2 image and won’t process it through Idepix. Is there an alternative way to crop the image before the cloud mask?

Thanks!

The SRTM DEM is used internally.
In which data format have you stored the resampled subset? You should use BEAM-DIMAP, because only this keeps all necessary information.
I just did the process. I have resampled to 60m, then made a regional subset stored this to disk, and then applied idepix.
The idepix processing finished within 1 minute.
These are my parameters and the result. The RGB is the original image.

You could try replacing the “SRTM 3 sec” value for the DEM by “ACE30” or “SRTM 1Sec”.
Or you follow what is said in the FAQ entry referenced by @ABraun and edit the snap.auxdata.properties file. But since the last SNAP update this should not be necessary anymore.

Addition:
When your input product is rejected you probably get a message where you can click on details or there is red sign in the lower right corner where you can click on.
Please provie the details. This might give some more insight.

1 Like

Hi,

The SRTM 1Sec or SRTM 3Sec is still not working but the ACE30 has. The bands and masks that are generate by the two different layers are different. Is that normal. Thanks so much!

It might be worth checking the aux folder for incomplete files and remove them manually. The rest is fixed by the latest update.

What do you mean by this?
Can you show a screenshot?