Installation problem with SNAP on Mac

Hello,

I tried to install SNAP 2.0 on my Mac OS X 10.10.5. The installation itself went fine without any errors. Plugins for Sentinel 1 have been installed as well as the available updates. Then I opened SNAP and loaded a Sentinel 1 scene. I tried to Open an RGB Image Window. Then an error appears: The RGB image view cannot be created. The error report is attached below. Same problem occurs if I try to open a single band.

I also do have a problem with the Sentinel 1 toolbox alone. It doesn’t open at all after installation. Maybe that’s connected. My Java version is the latest Java 8 build 60.

Many thanks

Stefan

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class javax.media.jai.JAI
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.(OpImage.java:233)
at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.(SourcelessOpImage.java:101)
at org.esa.snap.jai.SingleBandedOpImage.(SingleBandedOpImage.java:100)
at org.esa.snap.jai.SingleBandedOpImage.(SingleBandedOpImage.java:83)
at org.esa.snap.jai.SingleBandedOpImage.(SingleBandedOpImage.java:56)
at org.esa.snap.jai.VirtualBandOpImage.(VirtualBandOpImage.java:198)
at org.esa.snap.jai.VirtualBandOpImage.(VirtualBandOpImage.java:51)
at org.esa.snap.jai.VirtualBandOpImage$Builder.create(VirtualBandOpImage.java:177)
at org.esa.snap.framework.datamodel.VirtualBand$1.createImage(VirtualBand.java:272)
at com.bc.ceres.glevel.support.AbstractMultiLevelSource.getImage(AbstractMultiLevelSource.java:65)
at com.bc.ceres.glevel.support.DefaultMultiLevelImage.(DefaultMultiLevelImage.java:45)
at org.esa.snap.framework.datamodel.VirtualBandMultiLevelImage.(VirtualBandMultiLevelImage.java:53)
at org.esa.snap.framework.datamodel.VirtualBand$2.(VirtualBand.java:275)
at org.esa.snap.framework.datamodel.VirtualBand.createSourceImage(VirtualBand.java:275)
at org.esa.snap.framework.datamodel.VirtualBand.createSourceImage(VirtualBand.java:238)
at org.esa.snap.framework.datamodel.RasterDataNode.getSourceImage(RasterDataNode.java:2207)
at org.esa.snap.framework.datamodel.RasterDataNode.getStx(RasterDataNode.java:2423)
at org.esa.snap.framework.datamodel.RasterDataNode.createDefaultImageInfo(RasterDataNode.java:1873)
at org.esa.snap.framework.datamodel.Band.createDefaultImageInfo(Band.java:484)
at org.esa.snap.framework.datamodel.RasterDataNode.getImageInfo(RasterDataNode.java:1855)
at org.esa.snap.framework.datamodel.RasterDataNode.getImageInfo(RasterDataNode.java:1838)
at org.esa.snap.jai.ImageManager.prepareImageInfos(ImageManager.java:923)
at org.esa.snap.glevel.BandImageMultiLevelSource.create(BandImageMultiLevelSource.java:55)
at org.esa.snap.glevel.BandImageMultiLevelSource.create(BandImageMultiLevelSource.java:51)
at org.esa.snap.framework.ui.product.ProductSceneImage.(ProductSceneImage.java:105)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.window.OpenRGBImageViewAction.createProductSceneImageRGB(OpenRGBImageViewAction.java:209)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.window.OpenRGBImageViewAction.access$000(OpenRGBImageViewAction.java:71)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.window.OpenRGBImageViewAction$1.doInBackground(OpenRGBImageViewAction.java:160)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.window.OpenRGBImageViewAction$1.doInBackground(OpenRGBImageViewAction.java:156)
at com.bc.ceres.swing.progress.ProgressMonitorSwingWorker.doInBackground(ProgressMonitorSwingWorker.java:55)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.get(SwingWorker.java:602)
[catch] at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.window.OpenRGBImageViewAction$1.done(OpenRGBImageViewAction.java:169)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(SwingWorker.java:737)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(SwingWorker.java:832)
at sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(AccumulativeRunnable.java:112)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(SwingWorker.java:842)
at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:313)
at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:245)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:159)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Actually SNAP comes with its own Java Runtime. So this shouldn’t be the
problem. I haven’t heard about such a problem.
That S1TBX 1.X has the same error might indicate a more general problem.
Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Do you have any hint where I can look at to check if my installation is complete or detect any other information which could help to localise the problem?
The same Sentinel 1 scene works on another Mac with SNAP.

It might be helpful to look into ~/snap/var/log/messages.log.
Can you attach it here?

I have attached the message.log file messages.log (99.5 KB)

I see the DIMAP product reader in the logs. Do you have converted the S1 product to DIMAP? Maybe it wasn’t properly written. Can you open other products and images?