Installation problems on Ubuntu 20.04.2

I have never had any problems with the installer until now. During an installation I see errors below:

Shall the installer try to remove these directories?
Yes, try deleting all SNAP user data [1], Delete only SNAP-internal configuration data (recommended). [2, Enter]
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/snap/esa-snap_sentinel_unix_8_0.sh.70579.dir/stats.properties (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:138)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.content.ContentStats.(ContentStats.java:39)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.content.ContentStats.getInstance(ContentStats.java:33)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.content.ContentInstaller$3.fetchValue(ContentInstaller.java:486)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.actions.FetchLongAction.execute(FetchLongAction.java:12)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.executeActionDirect(HelperCommunication.java:272)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.executeActionInt(HelperCommunication.java:247)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.executeAction(HelperCommunication.java:224)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.fetchLong(HelperCommunication.java:211)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.content.ContentInstaller.getMinContentSize(ContentInstaller.java:479)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.content.ContentInstaller.getMinSize(ContentInstaller.java:471)
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.components.InstallationDirectorySelector.update(InstallationDirectorySelector.java:176)
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.components.InstallationDirectorySelector.setupComponent(InstallationDirectorySelector.java:274)
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.components.InstallationDirectorySelector.createComponent(InstallationDirectorySelector.java:74)
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.formcomponents.InstallationDirectoryChooserComponent.createCenterComponent(InstallationDirectoryChooserComponent.java:149)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.FormPanel.addFormComponent(FormPanel.java:509)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.FormPanel.buildPanel(FormPanel.java:383)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.FormPanel.setupComponent(FormPanel.java:311)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.FormPanel.init(FormPanel.java:66)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.FormPanel.(FormPanel.java:56)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.headless.ConsoleScreenExecutor.handleScreen(ConsoleScreenExecutor.java:44)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.headless.AbstractHeadlessScreenExecutor.execute(AbstractHeadlessScreenExecutor.java:100)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller$1.run(Controller.java:165)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

already exists. Would you like to install to that directory anyway?
Yes [y, Enter], No [n]
y
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no awt in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1871)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:872)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1124)
at sun.awt.image.NativeLibLoader$1.run(NativeLibLoader.java:59)
at sun.awt.image.NativeLibLoader$1.run(NativeLibLoader.java:57)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.awt.image.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraries(NativeLibLoader.java:56)
at sun.awt.image.GifImageDecoder.(GifImageDecoder.java:350)
at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.getDecoder(InputStreamImageSource.java:235)
at sun.awt.image.ByteArrayImageSource.getDecoder(ByteArrayImageSource.java:59)
at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(InputStreamImageSource.java:263)
at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(ImageFetcher.java:205)
at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(ImageFetcher.java:169)

What can I do to solve it? I would be grateful for help.
Marta

I can’t say. I haven’t seen this before too.
But I guess that something with your local configuration is not good.
Or maybe the installer you have downloaded is not complete? You could compare the MD5 values. They are provided on the download page.

Maybe you try to uninstall snap manually and then do a fresh install.

Dear marpet,

Thank you. Unfortunately, it is a completely fresh install (on a new computer). The checksum MD5 is identical as at the download page.

Regards,
Marta

Dear all,

I tried to install SNAP on Ubuntu 20.04 from sources (according to the website: https://senbox.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SNAP/pages/10879039/How+to+build+SNAP+from+sources). I made sure to use java 8 which is no longer supported by Ubuntu.

I keep getting errors:

[INFO] — nbm-maven-plugin:4.4:nbm (default-nbm) @ snap-branding —
[INFO] Copying module JAR to /opt/snap/snap-desktop/snap-branding/target/nbm/netbeans/snap/modules
[INFO] Generating Auto Update information for org.esa.snap.snap.branding
[WARNING] No updater.jar specified, cannot validate Info.xml against DTD
[INFO] Building jar: /opt/snap/snap-desktop/snap-branding/target/nbm/snap-branding-9.0.0-SNAPSHOT.nbm
[INFO] Signing NBM file /opt/snap/snap-desktop/snap-branding/target/nbm/snap-branding-9.0.0-SNAPSHOT.nbm
[INFO] Signing JAR: /opt/snap/snap-desktop/snap-branding/target/nbm/snap-branding-9.0.0-SNAPSHOT.nbm to /opt/snap/snap-desktop/snap-branding/target/nbm/snap-branding-9.0.0-SNAPSHOT.nbm as snap
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] SNAP Desktop Project 9.0.0-SNAPSHOT … SUCCESS [ 0.825 s]
[INFO] SNAP Desktop NB Branding 9.0.0-SNAPSHOT … FAILURE [ 2.133 s]
[INFO] SNAP Desktop Tango Icons 9.0.0-SNAPSHOT … SKIPPED
[INFO] SNAP Virtual File System UI 9.0.0-SNAPSHOT … SKIPPED
(…)
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 12.493 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2021-07-19T11:52:39Z
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.netbeans.utilities:nbm-maven-plugin:4.4:nbm (default-nbm) on project snap-branding: Cannot Generate nbm file:Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “jarsigner” (in directory “/opt/snap/snap-desktop”): error=2, No such file or directory → [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

I ran out of ideas…Could you please help me? Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Marta

The reason for this error could be that you run maven with the JRE and not the JDK.