Interferogram/Coherence not running

Hello!

I’ve been having a problem with my Interferometric >> Products >> Interferometric Formation, and my Interferometric >> Products >> Coherence step is also not working. I have been following this tutorial . The loading bar ‘flashes’ and no file is created. I also select the ‘Open in SNAP’ flag, and no new file is opened.

Here is some more things I have tested:
When I try to use Interferometric Formation in the graph builder, it tells me that the process finished in 0 seconds. No new product is created.
When I run this using python - a file is created but the file has no bands.

Please advise?

Please provide details of your SNAP system (OS, SNAP version, update status)?

Hello!

I’m running on a windows 10 system, SNAP version 8. I opened SNAP again, and updated everything and I am still having this issue.

Thank you!

has this worked before? I had something similar but it was related to one specific dataset.

Hello!

Unfortunately I have not previously tried this before, unfortunately. When I get some time I will try this again with different datasets.

Hello!

Today I also tried uninstalling-reinstalling SNAP and I still receive this error. I was wondering where you’ve seen it previously as I’d LOVE to get this working.

Thank you!

Are you working with Sentinel-1 data?

Can you please test another image pair if the error persists or if is related to the input data?

Hello!

I downloaded a third swath of data, and tried doing a) the third swath + another previous swath, and b) all 3 swaths together and I still have issues where no new function is ran/file is created.

I was wondering where you’ve seen this before - I’ve done some googling on my own and this doesn’t seem to be a prominent issue, just a me issue. So it’d be super helpful if there is already something documented out there that I can look into.

Thank you!
Jamie

sorry, can’t remember where this was, probably not even related to coherence computation. But starting a process without the loading bar appearing or any result being created seemed somehow familar. And if I recall correctly, this was related to single datasets, so I would have expected that different pairs work on your side.
Can you please describe in your own words which steps exactly you undertook?

For each file:

1. Data retrieved from University of Alaska
  2. extracting data and loading into SNAP
  3. TOPSAR-Split to selected subswath
  4. Apply orbit file, and check the ‘ignore if no orbit file found’ flag
  5. Apply thermal noise removal with default parameters

and then all data combined together through the use of back-geoencoding with default parameters, and SRTM 1Sec Grid DEM.

The next step is interferogram formation, where SNAP seems to fail.

Thank you for your time!
Jamie

it might be related to the multi-product stack. Can you please create one with only two products and then run the interferogram/coregistration?

Originally when I was testing the stack created through back-geoencoding, I was using a pair of products. I’ve tested this process through using 2 products, and through 3 products.

BTW thank you so much for your time and effort in helping!

Very strange, I’m afraid I’m out of ideas.

Yes, I have the same problem. I used Snap 9.0 and Snap 8.0. Both of them have the same problem. I don’t know why. Besides, when I used Snap to Stamps, I found the coreg_ifg_topsar.py could not stop while dealing with the first image even if the result data size didn’t increase anymore. I wonder whether the software itself has the problem.

Yes, I have the same problem. I used Snap 9.0 and Snap 8.0. Both of them have the same problem. I don’t know why. Besides, when I used Snap to Stamps, I found the coreg_ifg_topsar.py could not stop while dealing with the first image even if the result data size didn’t increase anymore. I wonder whether the software itself has the problem.