Issues with Opening ALOS-2 Data in SNAP 12

I seem to be unable to open ALOS-2 data in SNAP 12. If I try to go file-> import-> ALOS-2 CEOS Products then try to open the “VOL” file I get this error:

eu.esa.sar.io.ceos.alos2.Alos2ProductReader
[input=C:\ALOS_comparison\ALOS2549751000-240728-WBDR1.1__A\VOL-ALOS2549751000-240728-WBDR1.1__AJ:
Cannot invoke
“org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductReader.readTiePointGridRasterData(org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.TiePointGrid,
int, int, int, int, org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.ProductData, com.bc.ceres.core.ProgressMonitor)”
because the return value of “org.esa.snap.core.datamodel.TiePointGrid.getProductReader()” is null

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

2 Likes

Hi , I am also facing the same issue with opening ALOS-2 data on SNAP 12

Jira ticket SNAP-4081 created to track this issue.

I also face the same problem and not getting any solution for this yet.

Hi @diana_harosa , could it be that I nowhere see a button to create a new topic?

Hi @yoni.verhaegen,

Could you check now?

1 Like

Has there been any update on this? I am trying to open ALOS-2 data in SNAP 13 and am getting the same error

Dear SNAP developers and community,
I have just registered to the SNAP Forum - seems like I am not allowed yet to create new topics. But using google I have found this ticket, which I wanted to report. Seems like it has been addressed already, but also seems the fix did not promote to the official latest SNAP 14.0.0 release.
I have downloaded ALOS2 SLCs from NASA Earthdata Search portal.

Meanwhile I am trying also get some data from JAXA G-portal. Sample ALOS2 data I could open and process (InSAR over Greenland for example) even with SNAP 11.

Could you please clarify, what are the format differences, and if these 60GB zip scenes from NASA Earthdata search will be also supported?
Thank you very much for reply.
Kind regards
Jan Kianicka
Geological Institute in Slovakia

@lveci, could you please take a look at this?

Thanks!