Java.lang.NullPointer exception error in windows 10 (32bit) when opening product (e.g sentinel-2 file) on BEAM and SNAP

Hello everyone

I am a new user of SNAP and BEAM. I downloaded BEAM and SNAP. When I’m opening sentinel 2 files I get java.lang.NullPointer exception error . This happens even when I try to download meris data and when I try to visualize data on GLOvis. I downloaded java and updated it on my laptop but the error is still there.

I will kindly appreciate your assistance in this regard.

kind regards
Yonwaba

When you open a Sentinel-2 file in SNAP you should see red sign in the lower right corner after you got the exception.
Please, click on the sign and copy the message text here.

I don’t really understand what you mean by

This happens even when I try to download meris data and when I try to visualize data on GLOvis.

Actually you can’t get the same error because the applications are independent.
Can you explain this in a bit more detail.

error occured when tried to download meris data.docx (18.2 KB)

Hi Marpet

Thanks for your response, please find these different errors attached. I hope they are clear.
Thank you.

Regards
Yonwaba

It would be good if you send the question regarding Merci to the ESA Help Desk (eohelp@esa.int). But I can also forward it to the Merci developers here.

Can you click on the “Show Details” button in the “Unexpected Exception” message. The text which will be shown then is of interest.

When do you get the “JVM could not be started” error? This is probably because you are running a 32Bit system.
32Bit system means that you can not use more than 1.5GB of memory with Java. This means that you can hardly work with the big amount of S2 data.