Logging messages pollute stdout

Hello,

How do I get rid of the INFO logging messages below:

docker run --rm -it example:latest gpt -h
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.operators.tooladapter.ToolAdapterIO: Initializing external tool adapters
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: GDAL not found on system. Internal GDAL 3.0.0 from distribution will be used. (f1)
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Internal GDAL 3.0.0 set to be used by SNAP.
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.util.EngineVersionCheckActivator: Please check regularly for new updates for the best SNAP experience.
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Internal GDAL 3.0.0 set to be used by SNAP.
Usage:
  gpt <op>|<graph-file> [options] [<source-file-1> <source-file-2> ...]

They pollute the stdout

I also get them when import snappy:

docker run --rm -it example:latest python -c 'import snappy'
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: GDAL not found on system. Internal GDAL 3.0.0 from distribution will be used. (f1)
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.operators.tooladapter.ToolAdapterIO: Initializing external tool adapters
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.util.EngineVersionCheckActivator: Please check regularly for new updates for the best SNAP experience.

Any help is appreciated!

You can change the log level which is written
You can either add the log level to the gpt call:
gpt -J-Dsnap.log.level=fine -h
or you can add it to the snap.properties contained in the etc folder of the installation.

The second also helps with python, I think.

1 Like

Thanks @marpet!