Masks in BEAM-DIMAP format

Hello,

All SNAP processing products are saved in BEAM-DIMAP format. However, important data, as masks, are hidden under the BEAM-DIMAP format, and therefore unable to export to other formats. Even more, some processing steps, as the application of masks, removed totally mask data.

I would really appreciate any help on where are those masks under the BEAN-DIMAP format and how to export them.

Thanks.

You can turn the masks into permanent rasters in the BandMaths (uncheck the ‘virtual’ option)

There is no need to use the BEAM-DIMAP format. You can also switch to NetCDF or GeoTiff.
You can also create a subset of your data, including only the masks, and export it.
It could be that a processing step doesn’t copy everything from the source product to the target (which one in your case?), but then you can merge two products afterwards.

Thank you, I did not notice the virtual option.

There is no need to use the BEAM-DIMAP format. You can also switch to NetCDF or GeoTiff:

I noticed that, but GeoTiff do not save the masks as shown in SNAP. However, I have found that the information is saved in the quality_scene_classification band.

You can also create a subset of your data, including only the masks, and export it:

Only bands can be saved, but as I said above, the information is in the quality_scene_classification band.

It could be that a processing step doesn’t copy everything from the source product to the target (which one in your case?), but then you can merge two products afterwards:

The case is masking the scene using Mask -> Lan/Sea Mask -> Use Vector as Mask.

I am new using Sentinel data and SNAP. I am trying to mask clouds in the scene. Cloud masks do not cover the full cloud, so I added scl_cloud_medium_proba, scl_cloud_high_proba, scl_thin_cirrus, scl_snow_ice, scl_cloud_shadow, scl_dark_feature_shadow, and scl_unclassified to cover the maximum size of pixels with clouds and shadows.

But even adding all those masks it is not covered the full area affected by clouds. And I did not find a way to apply a buffer to the masks to increase the masked areas in order to remove all pixels affected.

I would really welcome any ideas to solve this problem.

Thanks.

There is a preprocessing tool called IdePix in the last version of SNAP (v7) that includes Proba-V L1b products. This IdePix includes some more new cloud masks and the possibility of the cloud buffer you are looking for. Install the latest SNAP version with all the new plugins and try.