My keyboard stopps working with SNAP 5.0

This problem is already reported as bug in issue SNAP-671. I observed it on my computer (windows 7) too.

I did the following.

• loading a Sentinel-2 product
  • resampling to 20 m spatial resolution a window opens giving the message: "The target product has successfully been created … . Actual processing of source to target data will be performed only on demand … .
  • Within the box opened there is a button to click for “Don’t show this message anymore”
  • I clicked on this button and after some more actions using the mouse I recognized that there is no more keyboard input possible.

I found the way back:
I opened menu tools | options. The options window opens and directly on the first page is a point “other settings” with a button to click for “Show suppressed message dialogs again”. After activating this option by clicking on the button I had my keyboard back.

I hope this helps the developers to locate the error and helps other users to get their keyboard reactivated.

bdpg

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this info. Indeed it seems to help.
Really a strange issue.

Same things happens with me randomly. After working some time in SNAP, keyboard just does not work. I use 5.0 in Ubuntu 64bit.

So it is not only a windows problem. We have now 3 reports. Windows 7, Windows 10 and Ubuntu.
And what the hell have the suppressed dialogs to do with the keyboard?

I also experienced this issue on Windows 7, and found that reverting back to Java 7 seemed to stop it occurring.

Have you replaced the jre folder in the installation directory or did you change the jdkhome property in etc/snap.conf?
Just installing a different Java version does not affect SNAP, because it comes with its own JRE.

I have the same issue on Win10. After some working time SNAP stops to feel the keyboard.

I had updated my SNAP recently (to 5.0.6) and it started losing the keyboard even more often.

It always losing the keyboard after Subset operation.
Please fix it!!!

Turn off the filter keys from the setting options and then check for the errors. If you don’t know how to do this then check this article by ValidEdge it might be useful to follow the steps correctly.

This has already been fixed in an update for SNAP 5 and is also fixed in SNAP 6.

Thanks for the answer helped me a lot