NEST ESA and Snaphu integration

I wish to perform phase unwrapping using SNAPHU tool which needs to be integrated in NEST toolbox before processing.
I am facing problem in integrating the SNAPHU toolbox into NEST. Please, suggest me the steps to integrate the SNAPHU toolbox into NEST.

First of all, I hope you are using the latest SNAP and not NEST.

After producing your interferogram and coherence, remove topographic phase for deformation or don’t for generating a DEM. Then phase filter or multilook or mask sea areas as you like and then use the Snaphu export to produce a product which can be read by Snaphu. With Snaphu run the command in the conf file. Then import the result back into SNAP using the Snaphu import graph. This will connect your previous product with the unwrapped phase by adding back the metadata.

Please see the stripmap tutorial here.

1 Like

Hi Luis,
I have just a comment about the tuto for snaphu:
http://sentinel1.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/S1TBX%20Stripmap%20Interferometry%20with%20Sentinel-1%20Tutorial.pdf

I think there is an issue with Mint VM utilisation. Because in the example we have a shared folder where snaphu.conf file is located . But you have to install before the vmware tools, for accessing this shared folder. And the sar user is not a superuser, and we can’t install them.

Just for my information: Have you an idea about how memory we must allow, to process (unwrapping) a complete SLC based product ? Because we can’t finish processing with less than 16G of RAM.
Best Regards

1 Like

good morning
am sorry for disturbing and i know there are a several of tutorials to install snaphu via cygwin but still i cant do it. i always have an error message cc comand not found when i lunch the install function.

need help please.

thanks

This means that either make or gcc-core were not installed in your cygwin installation.

There is a new version of snaphu available since yesterday which provides an already compiled exe file for Windows

1 Like

someone said ask a question and your foolish for a minute, don’t ask and you are for ever foolish. thanks very much @ABraun now my problem is solved. i will now move to the next steps.