NullPointerException error in Terrain Flatteing with TSX/TDX/PAZ

Last month I processed a time series of TSX and PAZ images using the Radiometric Terrain Flattening operator to get the corrected gamma0 values, and everything went fine. I was already using version 8 of SNAP.

This week I received some extra images and tried to processed them with the same operator, but it fails.
Then I tried one of the previous images, and it now fails. It seems that one of the last updates has changed something and now it does not work.

By the way, with S1 it works, so it is something related to TSX/TDX/PAZ. I have tired with different DEMs and the error is always the same:

java.lang.NullPointerException

I can upload the error message details

When asking for help in online forums, you should try to make things as easy as possible for those trying to understand the problem and also consider others who may have the same problem. Posting screen images means others with the same error who search for the error text in the forum won’t find you post.

It is always a good idea to mention the platform you are using and the update version of the module that has the issue, as actual version of “the last updates” may change in a few days.

Sorry. I uploaded the screen capture with the details of the error message in my second message.

As for the S1TBX version, it is 8.0.4.

And the text of the error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.s1tbx.commons.SARGeocoding.getSRGRCoefficients(SARGeocoding.java:409)
at org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.geometric.TerrainFlatteningOp.outputNormalizedImage(TerrainFlatteningOp.java:857)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException
at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:432)
at org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.geometric.TerrainFlatteningOp.outputNormalizedImage(TerrainFlatteningOp.java:883)
at org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.geometric.TerrainFlatteningOp.computeTileStack(TerrainFlatteningOp.java:503)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:432)
at org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.geometric.TerrainFlatteningOp.computeTileStack(TerrainFlatteningOp.java:514)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeRect(OperatorImageTileStack.java:122)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeTile(OperatorImageTileStack.java:86)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorExecutor$GPFImagingListener.errorOccurred(OperatorExecutor.java:381)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.sendExceptionToListener(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(Unknown Source)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(Unknown Source)
at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getData(Unknown Source)
at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.getData(MultiLevelImage.java:64)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:449)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:435)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImage.computeRect(OperatorImage.java:75)
at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(Unknown Source)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.RequestJob.compute(Unknown Source)
[catch] at com.sun.media.jai.util.WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)

The platform I use is Linux, 64bits, Debian10.

Hi, I have this error me too on Windows7, 64 bits, Snap8. I’m processing a SLC Sentinel-1 image and when I do the radiometric terrain flattening to obtain gamma0 from beta0, but it shows this error message.

Hi,
I tried S1 in GRD format and it worked fine.
I will test with an SLC image to confirm.

I confirm that S1 in GRD format it works.