Ocean Object Detection

Just a note to say I have never achieved a successful result with the Ocean Object Detection function. It seems not to be working. The processing always remains at 0 percent, despite using correct input data (S1 GRD calibrated to S0).

Chris, I’ve just processed a GRD over Gibraltar and it seems ok. I calibrated the HH band to Sigma0 and then ran the object detection. Later open the resulting band and from the layer manager add the object detection layer to overlay them.

Thanks for the info. You were using S1A_IW_GRDH_1SDH I presume? And full scene judging by the image? The only difference for me is that I have S1A_IW_GRDH_1SDV (VV instead of HH), but I do not see anything in the Help about HH being a necessary requirement. Did you change any of the settings?

The noise floors would be a little different between the polarizations but it should still work. For HH, I didn’t change the defaults.

Hi. l have same problem. So l subset little area, and only progress 9%. what is main issue to solve this?