Okada or Source Model using InSAR results

Dear all,

I got the InSAR results of four earthquakes in both ascending and descending orbits.

I would like to calculate or make a source model for them. Should I write a code based on OKADA paper (1985) by myself? or there is any software or package to apply and use?

Okada_1985_BSSA.pdf (896.1 KB)

Best regards,
Sayyed

2 Likes

In SNAP we don’t have any package with OKADA model

Yes, I know. I mean another software or package that I can apply OKADA model

Hi @SMJ.Mirzadeh,

A python library called Clawpack has an implementation of okada modelling .
For more details, have a look at Clawpack-5

3 Likes

@johngan Thank you so much. I found that there is a Matlab Code for applying OKADA model written by Prof. François Beauducel but I was worried that this Matlab code or that one you suggested can be work with InSAR displacement results or only with GPS and other ground observations for the earthquake?

as far as I know, the python library includes an implementation of all the necessary equations for okada modelling. I guess that you can apply the equations on your InSAR image.

Thank you so much. I will check both of them as soon as possible base on my InSAR results.

you should try Coulomb 3!
It is a software written in matlab by USGS researchers… you can download it for free at USGS webpage.
good luck!

Thank you so much. Yes, I know that I should use the Coulomb 3 to calculate the stress on those faults but I am going to model those those earthquakes (slip distribution and rate) using the InSAR results.

Dear sir, I want to simulate tsunami using clawpack. Could you give me some recommend. I am beginner

Hi,

I have not really used the python package clawpack before. So, i cannot be much of use to you
If you are familiar with python coding, i do not think it’s going to be hard to figure out how this library work, there is also a community supporting this library when you can pose any you questions you might have about clawpack

1 Like

Sir I got this kind of interferogram, can you suggest how to model this or if possible is there any way to enhance it. Kindly look into this, thank you in advance.

I see much phase noise in the interferogram and also typical atmospherical patterns. What is the perpendicular baseline of the image pair? Please make sure to select images without rainfall at the time of acquisition.

1 Like