Old Data Sets Used for Wind Field Estimation

Hello,

How old is the oldest SAR GRD data in the scientific data hub? I have tried searching for those sensed from 2013 and 2014, but the oldest seems to be during late 2014. Is there any other place I can find them?

I am looking to use these data sets for time varied wind speed analysis within North Asia from 2013 to 2014.

Also, can SAR data sets from other satellite systems be used for SNAP’s wind field estimation? If not, what kind of processing should be done for it to be usable in SNAP.

Thanks!

Sentinel-1 is in space since late 2014 but the ocean tools were mostly designed for ENVISAT and ERS. As all of them use C-band waves, it should more or less work equally.

Thanks, ABraun! However, I would just like to ask again, why is it that there seems to be a lack of data for 2016 while both 2015 and 2017 have a substantial and consistent amount of datasets?

Since its launch Sentinel-1 acquisitions followed a certain regularity but the planned observation scenarios were always subject to changes and therefore there are also gaps in many areas.

https://sentinel.esa.int/web/sentinel/missions/sentinel-1/observation-scenario