Orbit file timeout (March 2021)

Yes, this is known.
See Update SNAP from the command line - SNAP - SNAP Wiki (atlassian.net)
In the first note it is mentioned and a workaround is described.

Dear all
Someone works with ISCE. I have the same problem. What can I do? Thanks

The Sentinel-1 QC Web Site moved to this new address: https://qc.sentinel1.copernicus.eu/

The older address https://qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int is now discontinued

It will not provide a link to the orbit files anymore.

It now contains a banner with link to the servers disseminating the orbit files.

1 Like

It seems the latest available orbit files are still only at 5 March 2021, when can we expect new orbit files to be available?

Also the “new official portal” (https://scihub.copernicus.eu/gnss) has no new S1 orbits after 16th Feb 2021…
Really it’s difficult to understand what’s going on.

Anyone looking to download older orbit files, which are not yet on the GNSS endpoint, I have put together a script to assist with this - just pass in the product_id and it will attempt to download POE or RES files to the directory where SNAP expects them.

3 Likes

Looks like they just started updating them on the aux site

Yeah I saw but seems like the last time, like a manual activity. Let’s see…

For anyone interested we saw that gnss site has been populated after 1 pm with some missing orbits (at least we checked the ones related to S1)

s1tbx-8.0.3 will now be able to use the gnss hub

2 Likes

So the only way to download orbit files will be via gnss hub. Does that also mean we will be limited to a max of 2 simultaneous orbit file downloads per account? That would be seriously hampering our automatic preprocessing systems…

Hi @alejobeap, the ISCE2 software will need to be updated for these new changes to the Sentinel-1 orbit archive.

Actually, I updated the archive of Sentinel-1 orbit files in my local PC using the code in the ISCE, which automatically downloaded all orbits before the timeout.

One question, will STEP server keep storing the orbit files?
Will SNAP be able to download them from that server? or will be automatically redirected to Scihub?

@lveci Would it be possible for you to also back-port that fix to SNAP 7.0, such that a module update of SNAP 7.0 picks it up?

Why don’t you want to update to 8.0?

It would be useful, if we could get an ETA on when gnss scihub will have the latest sets of orbits streaming in consistently. Right now, gnss site seems to have patchy coverage from Mar 11-14 (with no updates on the aux, which is ok), whereas SLC data seems to be streaming in.

Any heads up will be useful for preparation at our end.

Thanks
Piyush

Why don’t you get in touch with the official Sentinel support. and ask that same question?

This forum is for the SNAP and related Toolboxes not the Sentinel data generation and distribution for which the official support channel above exists.

Off course someone else here may have already contact them and obtained a reply to the question and is able to share…

I apologize. They appear to be overwhelmed and there haven’t been not too many updates/ responses lately. I was hoping, like you said, that others might have insight into the ongoing issue.

:slight_smile: No need to apologise, just trying to manage expectations. The way you are posing the question seem to expect a reply from someone who can give you an ETA - this will not come in this forum. The teams in charge of the production and dissemination are not monitoring this place. Some members of the quality control teams do it informally, but that’s the most I have seen here.

The support helpdesk is there to reply to important questions like this, overwhelmed or not. They may have the information that you are looking for and be able to reply quickly.

1 Like