Orbit file timeout (March 2021)

the problem persists even with snap 8.0.5…
I don’t understand why they don’t fix it

Public internet servers are often subject to denial-of-service attacks, and are constantly tweaking things like limits on the number of connection attempts over a short period and number of simultaneous connections from one IP address.
This does not interact well with conjested edge networks or sites with a firewall that uses the same IP for all external connections. Combine that with the ongoing need to update servers when bugs are discovered, supply chain issues delaying repairs when something breaks, and COVID-19 protocols taking the time of key staff.

From here in Nova Scotia, downloads from European sites are often more reliable in late afternoon and evening, while downloads from the rest of N. America are more reliable in the early AM. When processing large numbers of files, it is often better if you can arrange to download all the ancillary files in advance.

Dear @mdelgado, @gnwiii ,
I processed snap2stamps python2 code, while running this code (spilliting_slave.py) some of the SAR images don’t have orbital files (not updated). Then I manually updated using above post. while running the next step (co registration) it is giving below error, whatever SAR images i did manually.

[120] Processing slave file :20210403_IW1.dim

SNAP STDOUT:INFO: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.operators.tooladapter.ToolAdapterIO: Initializing external tool adapters
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: GDAL not found on system. Internal GDAL 3.0.0 from distribution will be used. (f1)
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Internal GDAL 3.0.0 set to be used by SNAP.
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.util.EngineVersionCheckActivator: Please check regularly for new updates for the best SNAP experience.
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Internal GDAL 3.0.0 set to be used by SNAP.
Executing processing graph
INFO: org.hsqldb.persist.Logger: dataFileCache open start
done.

Error: [NodeId: Read(2)] I/O error while reading tie-point grid ‘latitude’.

[120] Finished process in 4.57954096794 seconds.

#####################################################################

I wonder
if the last processing was successful, perhaps the images from that date on have solved the problem?

in fact now I try with the images from October 2021 until now
I’ll update you in a few days
@gnwiii @suribabu

1 Like