PolarimetricDecomposition - OperatorException - NullPointerException

Hello everyone! I hope someone of you can help me with this problem. After the calibration I am using this Speckle Filter.

And after this I want to perform a Polarimetric Decomposition with the Freeman-Durden Decomposition Method and Window Size of 5, but I’ve got this error.

Here more in details the report’s content:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.TileIndex.(TileIndex.java:33)
at org.csa.rstb.polarimetric.gpf.decompositions.FreemanDurden.computeTile(FreemanDurden.java:130)
at org.csa.rstb.polarimetric.gpf.PolarimetricDecompositionOp.computeTileStack(PolarimetricDecompositionOp.java:323)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException
at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:440)
at org.csa.rstb.polarimetric.gpf.PolarimetricDecompositionOp.computeTileStack(PolarimetricDecompositionOp.java:326)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeRect(OperatorImageTileStack.java:122)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeTile(OperatorImageTileStack.java:86)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorExecutor$GPFImagingListener.errorOccurred(OperatorExecutor.java:381)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.sendExceptionToListener(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(Unknown Source)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(Unknown Source)
at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getData(Unknown Source)
at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.getData(MultiLevelImage.java:64)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:449)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:435)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImage.computeRect(OperatorImage.java:75)
at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(Unknown Source)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.RequestJob.compute(Unknown Source)
[catch] at com.sun.media.jai.util.WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Thank you! :blush:

Please use the polarimetric speckle filter (from the polarimetric menu) instead of the standard one.

1 Like

Even this is the wrong operator for the use case, a NullPointerException should not occur.
It should be detected before that the data cannot be processed and a proper message should be shown to the user.
I’ve created an issue for this:
[SITBX-850] PolarimetricDecomposition throws NullPointException

2 Likes