PolSARpro - Problem importing ALOS Palsar 1

why shouldn’t complex calibration be possible?

I did not use SNAP ,I used the polsarpro as the tool

sorry, I always get confused in these sub topics.

I’ll try with PolSARpro as well. But for now it works:
grafik

Have you already extracted your data correctly after import?

I think I have extracted the S2 matrix successfully

I choose the third calibration method after that ,but the output directory does not have S2 matrix after calibration.

can you make an RGB of the S2 matrix (menu > display > create RGB file > sinclair) to test if it conains data?

Do you get an error message during calibration?

I did not get error messages during calibration. I think it might not be possible to calibrate.
Here’s my solution,and I am not sure it is correct.I did not apply calibration ,and apply the polarimetric decomposition directly,and generate the db format at the same time.22

After the procedures,the range becomes from 0 to 255,then I covered it to the tiff format,the false color composition is more clearly .But I am not sure whether the calibration can have a big effect on the decomposition result.

unless you want to do follow multi-temporal approach, complex calibration might not be necessary

okay,thank you for your help.

Hi!
Would like to report an issue while importing PALSAR CEOS L1.1, where PolSARPro says each time: ‘There is not confing file’ in attempts to convert S2 to T3, or C3! I found, that Num-Rows and Num-Cols must be below the initial size…AND must be reduced in each consequential import… strange???

have you successfully extracted the data before conversion from S2 to T3?
After extraction, there should be a folder with bin data generated from the L1.1 product

An example is given here: Calibration in PolSARpro problem

Hi,

ALOS-1 and ALOS-2 polarimetric data are quite very well calibrated.
Concerning ALOS-1 it was possible to extract the calibration coefficients from the data headers. It is not the case for ALOS-2
When applying any polarimetric decompositions, the output files to be analysed must be the binary files (.bin) and not the bmp files which are just images used to display the results.
The BMP images will always present a range from 0 to 255
The BIN files will present the real dynamic range (float values)
Hope this will help
Regards

Hi,
Which version of PolSARpro do you use ?
The problem you mentioned was a known problem for versions 5.0 and 5.1 which has been fixed in version 6.0
Regards

It means I should use the bin files instead of bmp files, but the value is too small ,can I amplify it by some methods?

Yes, you may use the bin files
What do you mean by “the value is too small” ?
Can you provide some examples ?

When I imported the bin file in the ENVI, the histogram shows that the values are concentrated in a certain segment, the decomposition result is the same, I cannot see the change in the file clearly , I mean it is necessary to change it in the dB format?

I have encountered a new problem,What literature do the Yamaguchi3 decompostion and Singh6 decompostion refer respectively?Could you answer it at your convenience?

I think these are the ones:

Singh, Gulab, and Yoshio Yamaguchi. “Model-based and six component scattering power decomposition.” 2017 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS) . IEEE, 2017.https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8128205

Iimage

• I’m sorry that my expression caused your misunderstanding, my question is what literature the YAM3 and i6SD decomposition refer? Or what is the difference between the YAM3 and YAM4 decomposition ?what the CD and OD component mean in the i6SD decomposition?

I updated my post above, not sure about YAM3 to be honest. There are some three component decompositions where he is co-author but not the main author.

You find the source code of the applications in the PolSARpro installation directory > Soft > src

Maybe this helps you.

thanks for your help, the source code is useful of understanding these decompositions.