PolSARpro - Problem importing ALOS Palsar 1

Hello,
I am new using the PolSARpro, I am trying to import an image ALOS PALSAR lvl 1.1 downloaded from https://vertex.daac.asf.alaska.edu/, and I get a notice “DON’T FORGET TO EXTRACT DATA BEFORE RUNNING ANY DATA PROCESS”, and the import is canceled. The same thing happened to someone, does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Clipboard02

This is not an error… just a reminder. You have imported now, so please proceed extracting the data before running any data process

@mdelgado is right, you simply need to add one more step. I explained them here Calibration in PolSARpro problem (steps 1-3)

when I imported the ALOS,the T3 matrix’s range is very low ,is it correct?

It would be easier to answer if you gave some example what you mean by low.
Histograms, statistics,…
Did you apply complex calibration before matrix generation?

Sorry to interrupt again,when I imported the ALOS data,it is impossible to do complex calibration unless the S2 matrix was generated.However,the S2 matrix’s calibration does not have outputs.So how to apply complex calibration before matrix generation?which tool should I use ?Thank you for your help.

why shouldn’t complex calibration be possible?

I did not use SNAP ,I used the polsarpro as the tool

sorry, I always get confused in these sub topics.

I’ll try with PolSARpro as well. But for now it works:
grafik

Have you already extracted your data correctly after import?

I think I have extracted the S2 matrix successfully

I choose the third calibration method after that ,but the output directory does not have S2 matrix after calibration.

can you make an RGB of the S2 matrix (menu > display > create RGB file > sinclair) to test if it conains data?

Do you get an error message during calibration?

I did not get error messages during calibration. I think it might not be possible to calibrate.
Here’s my solution,and I am not sure it is correct.I did not apply calibration ,and apply the polarimetric decomposition directly,and generate the db format at the same time.22

After the procedures,the range becomes from 0 to 255,then I covered it to the tiff format,the false color composition is more clearly .But I am not sure whether the calibration can have a big effect on the decomposition result.

unless you want to do follow multi-temporal approach, complex calibration might not be necessary

okay,thank you for your help.

Hi!
Would like to report an issue while importing PALSAR CEOS L1.1, where PolSARPro says each time: ‘There is not confing file’ in attempts to convert S2 to T3, or C3! I found, that Num-Rows and Num-Cols must be below the initial size…AND must be reduced in each consequential import… strange???

have you successfully extracted the data before conversion from S2 to T3?
After extraction, there should be a folder with bin data generated from the L1.1 product

An example is given here: Calibration in PolSARpro problem

Hi,

ALOS-1 and ALOS-2 polarimetric data are quite very well calibrated.
Concerning ALOS-1 it was possible to extract the calibration coefficients from the data headers. It is not the case for ALOS-2
When applying any polarimetric decompositions, the output files to be analysed must be the binary files (.bin) and not the bmp files which are just images used to display the results.
The BMP images will always present a range from 0 to 255
The BIN files will present the real dynamic range (float values)
Hope this will help
Regards

Hi,
Which version of PolSARpro do you use ?
The problem you mentioned was a known problem for versions 5.0 and 5.1 which has been fixed in version 6.0
Regards

It means I should use the bin files instead of bmp files, but the value is too small ,can I amplify it by some methods?

Yes, you may use the bin files
What do you mean by “the value is too small” ?
Can you provide some examples ?