Positive and negative signes in displacement map

Thanks my friend but look at below link. Why in here is visa-versa?Subsidence has positive sign.
http://vldb.gsi.go.jp/sokuchi/sar/mechanism/interpretation-e.html

I hope @lveci able to answer this question. I think It can depends on Which image we chose as master or slave (Maybe)…

Hello I want to know how did you the dressing of this carte ?:Small_smile:

The map data is in the sources and the design is made in QGIS. I just put together all the useful information there, it’s nothing fancy but it helps me to know what I did in case I forget it couple of months later.

So the Interferometry is done by SNAP Toolbox and the map then QGIS.

Have a great day,

Petr

Thank you for your response but whnen I open data (map of displacement ) i dont get the beautiful color like you in qgis
like this

You need to adjust the color scale in SNAP toolbox. Afterwards I have Exported the displacement as GeoTiff and the Data stays in the color range. The ColorPalette is then just a screenshot/Export of the ColorPalette from SNAP Toolbox as well.

When you put it all together it will resolve into a map.

Hi @marjanmarbouti I have questioned as same as you, about how to determine subsidence by phase to displacement map. Then, how is your progress to determine and analysis it ?
Thank you

Hello
In short, what are the positive and negative displacement maps? Subsidence or Uplift ?
are there a difference in ascending and descending trackes?

Hello!

What will happen if my master date is later than slave date?

In my case, the master image is on April 20, 2018 and the slave image is on March 3, 2018. Should I give the β€˜-’ sign in the values?

Thank you!

Mr. Braun. Do you know of a text book or a research paper that describes the implication of the phase difference sign, so I cite it as a reference in my thesis.

Also another question please, in case of subsidence and the master image is the older date, if the first signal was received at 60 degrees phase, while the second signal was delayed by a phase difference of 360 + 30 which will be recorded at 30 degrees phase, would the phase difference sign be positive in this case (while subsidence is inferred by a negative sign) ? Does that make sense at all?

What if echoes received at exactly the same phase, while there actually has been a back-and-forth phase delay of full wavelength (half wavelength displacement), how would the phase difference be measured?
Is this why a phase unwrapping must be performed ?

Hello everyone,
i have a doubt about the signs. Positive and negative displacement. The positive displacement implies movement away from satellite?

zAQ<AS

My best,
Othmane.