Problem with biophysical S2B_10m operator

When I run the Biophysical S2B_10m operator from the command line of gpt I encounter this warning (see in the image and in the full log)

When I searched the auxdata directory in the shown path for S2B, LAI_TestCases file is indeed missing , but not for S2A.

Is a problem from my side or something general? I don’t think that copying the the file from S2A will be a valid solution.

INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: GDAL not found on system. Internal GDAL 3.0.0 from distribution will be used. (f1)
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Internal GDAL 3.0.0 set to be used by SNAP.
INFO: org.esa.snap.python.gpf.PyOperatorSpi: Python operator 'py_sambuca_snap_op' registered (Python module: 'sambuca_snap_op', class: 'sambuca_snap_op', root: 'C:\Users\Denis\AppData\Roaming\SNAP\modules\org-esa-sen2coral-sen2coral-inversion.jar')
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.operators.tooladapter.ToolAdapterIO: Initializing external tool adapters
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.util.EngineVersionCheckActivator: Please check regularly for new updates for the best SNAP experience.
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Internal GDAL 3.0.0 set to be used by SNAP.
Executing processing graph
INFO: org.hsqldb.persist.Logger: dataFileCache open start
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.S2OrthoProductReaderPlugIn: Building product reader - EPSG:32635
WARNING: org.esa.snap.core.metadata.GenericXmlMetadata: Metadata: the path to element [metadata_level] does not exist
WARNING: org.esa.snap.core.metadata.GenericXmlMetadata: Metadata: the path to element [bandid] does not exist
WARNING: org.esa.snap.core.metadata.GenericXmlMetadata: Metadata: the path to element [bandid] does not exist
WARNING: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.metadata.S2OrthoMetadata: Warning: missing file K:\George\S2_L2A_brut\S2B_MSIL2A_20171207T091339_N9999_R050_T35TNK_20210804T105359.SAFE\GRANULE\L2A_T35TNK_A003937_20171207T091348\QI_DATA\L2A_T35TNK_20171207T091339_DDV_20m.jp2

WARNING: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.metadata.S2OrthoMetadata: Warning: no image files found for band quality_dense_dark_vegetation

SEVERE: org.esa.s2tbx.biophysical.BiophysicalAuxdata: Error when reading C:\Users\Denis\.snap\auxdata\s2tbx\biophysical\3_0\S2B_10m\LAI\LAI_TestCases
WARNING: org.esa.s2tbx.biophysical.BiophysicalAuxdata: Error when loading coefficients TEST_CASES for variable LAI model S2B_10m. They won't be available.
INFO: org.esa.snap.dataio.bigtiff.BigGeoTiffProductWriter: writing to output file K:\George\S2_final\LAI\LAI_20171207T091339_N9999_R050_T35TNK_20210804T105359.tif

Have you seen the previous discussion around this message?

Please post error messages as text. Screen captures generally omit important context from the full error log, can be unreadable on laptop screens, and are not searchable, making it difficult for the next user who encounters the problem to discover your post.

Hi @gnwiii,
I edited the post with the full log of the process. The problem from the post that you are referring it is that the issue was reported, but I don’t think it was resolved or somehow I got the error that Marco reported back then for resolving. Or I don’t fully get it, it is just a warning and the process it’s ok in the end?

@FlorianD’s April 15 post mentions some caveats you need to watch for, but the warning should not affect the basic results, and fixes are supposed to be in the “next” (e.g., after April 15) release.

In the SNAP Plugin Manager the “Installed modules”:

Version: 8.0.4 Source: SNAP Toolboxes  
Plugin Description
The Sentinel-2 Toolbox is a SNAP extension dedicated to the exploitation of Sentinel-2 MSI data and data of other optical, high resolution sensors.
The changes for this version can be viewed in our issue tracker
Publication date: 2021-06-14 Vendor: CS License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

The fixes should be in this June 14 update. It should be possible to verify this in the “issue tracker”. On this Windows 10 system, I get a warning that the link can’t be opened in an external browser, but going directly to the issue tracker I found SIITBX-444.

2 Likes

Hi there,
I confirm the issue has been solved after April 15 (8.0.2 version).
There was also an other fix for the biophysical GUI and ATBD reference pdf on 8.0.4 version.