Problem with Range-Doppler Terrain Correction (64-bit)

Hi,

I have OS Win 7 64 bit. I downloaded SNAP for Win64 called
esa-snap_sentinel_windows-x64_5_0.exe.
It installed OK.

I get some data from SENTINEL-1 satellite.
After some processing steps for SENTINEL-1 Interferometric Wide Swath Level 1 Product, I need do to a geometric correction.
So I did
Radar -> Geometric -> Terrain Correction -> Range-Doppler Terrain Correction, I put some changes there and click Run. So the window “Writing Target Product” is opening for long time without any effects.

I did the same, but leave all options by default (!) in Range-Doppler Terrain Correction. The window “Writing Target Product” is opening also without any effects again.

Does here any problem with Range-Doppler Terrain Correction for 64-bits ?

regards,
Vic

1 Like

which product level is used? SLC or GRD?

The operator downloads SRTM data for the orthorectification, you can see this at the bottom of the GUI. Maybe something (firewall) prevents SNAP from downloading these DEM data.

Hi,

After 4 hours I got a error message
“A problem occured during processing the target product processing. Type: OperatorException

After that, I clean some extra space on my disk and run it again. It finished well and fast.

Seems SNAP need a lot of free space on a hard disk (more then 12 Gb).

with regards,
Vic

I think this error occurs when the machine is not connected to the internet.

I get this error, even though I am sure I have done the coregisteration step

org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: Product does not contain a geocoding
at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.computeImageGeoBoundary(OperatorUtils.java:449)
at org.esa.s1tbx.commons.CRSGeoCodingHandler.(CRSGeoCodingHandler.java:57)
at org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.geometric.RangeDopplerGeocodingOp.createTargetProduct(RangeDopplerGeocodingOp.java:541)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: Product does not contain a geocoding
at org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.geometric.RangeDopplerGeocodingOp.createTargetProduct(RangeDopplerGeocodingOp.java:575)
at org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.geometric.RangeDopplerGeocodingOp.initialize(RangeDopplerGeocodingOp.java:317)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: Product does not contain a geocoding
at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:434)
at org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.geometric.RangeDopplerGeocodingOp.initialize(RangeDopplerGeocodingOp.java:360)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.initializeOperator(OperatorContext.java:528)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getTargetProduct(OperatorContext.java:298)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.Operator.getTargetProduct(Operator.java:385)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.GPF.createProductNS(GPF.java:333)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.GPF.createProduct(GPF.java:308)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.GPF.createProduct(GPF.java:287)
at org.esa.snap.graphbuilder.rcp.dialogs.SingleOperatorDialog.createTargetProduct(SingleOperatorDialog.java:175)
[catch] at org.esa.snap.graphbuilder.rcp.dialogs.SingleOperatorDialog.onApply(SingleOperatorDialog.java:287)
at org.esa.snap.ui.AbstractDialog.lambda$initUI$6(AbstractDialog.java:519)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:289)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6539)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6304)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2239)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2297)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4904)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4535)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4476)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2283)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:760)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:84)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:733)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:730)
at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:159)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

If all was processed by SNAP it shoult have all geocoding preserved. Did you save it under different format (other than BEAM DIMAP)?

No. I have written the displacement Band into the snaphu imported product using Band-math. Then re-separating the displacement Band from the other bands (phase, unwrapped phase, coherence, etc.) and applying terrain correction to both products separately has oddly solved the problem

yes, the snaphu export is a different thing, but then it was imported as BEAM DIMAP with the snaphu import?

yes. here are the imported product and the separate displacement product

Then I have no idea why it does not recognize its geocoding, sorry.
Did you try to apply RD Terrain Correction on the interferogram to check if the geocoding was present before the snaphu export?

I don’t think I have tried this operator before but I will run it and inform you back