Processing baselines info

Dear all,

please can you help me to understand where I can find info about technical details on the changes introduced in Sentinel 2 data moving through the different processing baselines (from 02.01 to 02.06)? Do you know if other technical reports different from the Data Quality Reports are available for users?

Many thanks in advance

Hi @Ross Rosa,
Does this help?

Level-1C Processing Version Date Introduced Reason
02.01 15th of December, 2015 updated to accommodate changes in the Tiling Grid configuration file
02.02 3rd of May, 2016 to correct an issue identified in which anomalous pixels with incorrect value are present in the overlap of datastrips. This occurred in only a few products.
02.03 9th of June, 2016 Affected by a strong spectral mis-registration anomaly, and withdrawn.
02.04 15th of June, 2016 To replace 02.03
02.05 27th of April, 2017 satellite ancillary metadata fix, to correct instances where the value of Instrument Measurement Time (IMT) is not represented correctly.
02.06 23rd of October, 2017 An update of the ‘Product Discriminator’ component of the product name and filename, and the product-level Metadata file in the structure holding the quality control report summary references.

Cheers

Jan

S2 MPC/CC Operations Manager

1 Like

Thank you very much @Jan. This resume is really helpful. There is only one question that is not very clear to me, i.e.:

02.04 - 15th of June, 2016 - To replace 02.03
Why this?

Hi @Ross

02.04 was introduced because of the strong spectral mis-registration anomaly that affected the previous version (02.03).
https://sentinel.esa.int/web/sentinel/missions/sentinel-2/news/-/article/new-processing-baseline-02-04-for-sentinel-2a-products

Cheers

Jan

ok. Many thanks

Greetings!
Please clarify which sen2cor version corresponds to the current (02.08) Processing Baseline ?