Publication of a new plugin

Dear all, I am working on the integration of various external applications into SNAP, thanks to the Standalone Tool Adapter. I am now interested in publishing these plugins on the SNAP database (tab plugin) and I found this : SNAP Community Plugins – STEP

Can you first confirm that this is the correct way to publish a plugin in the SNAP plugin tab ?
Then, once the plugin is published, I was wondering if it is possible to make a modification of the files in the case of an update of the plugin? Or we have to delete our plugin and make the publication again ?
Finally, when we have to indicate the files of our plugin, should we put the .nbm module or the files in the tool-adapters folder of SNAP ?

Thanks

1 Like

Hello,

Yes, the correct way to submit a new plugin is using “Add your plugin” wizard from SNAP Community Plugins.
First, you can publish your nbm with an initial version (e.g. 1.0) and then, when updates are needed, you can increase the version and publish it again. Of course, if you want us to delete the previous version from the repo, we can do it.
Regarding the files to submit, the entire nbm (with the version included in its name) should be submitted.

Best regards,
Oana

2 Likes

Hello Oana,

Thank you so much for your answer. Everything is clear to me now.

Best regards,
Sacha

1 Like

good post like it