Python Sentinel 1 Preprocessing Libraries other than SNAPPY

I am currently developing a web application for crop monitoring, and am looking for python libraries for preprocessing Sentinel 1 GRD Data. I have problems with SNAPPY since I can’t use it in conda/pypip environments, and SNAPPY or SNAP API requires ESA SNAP to be installed in the machine. If there is any other way to run SNAP API in python for preprocessing in anaconda without the need to install SNAP, please let me know that as well.

Without having SNAP installed you will not be able to execute SNAP.
It’s like wishing to drive a car without a car. :slight_smile:
What problems do you see when using anaconda environments?
For me it works fine using an environment with Python 3.6 on Windows.

You can use snapista to execute processing graphs. This doesn’t need snappy. But SNAP ist still necesary.

2 Likes

What I do is modify the XML graph and run it using the command line.

Using Python, there are many libraries you can use to modify the XML file. Then you can use the subprocess library to run terminal commands to run the SNAP GPT tool.

gpt <GraphFile.xml> [options] [<source-file-1> <source-file-2> ...]

1 Like

SNAPS’s GPT tool is a small java app. The real work is done by the same underlying libraries and java code used by SNAP so there is little to be gained from a standalone GPT tool. Disk space is a now an abundant resource. Developer time is very scarce, so the ESA SNAP user community should want developers focused on fixing bugs, supporting new sensors and ancillary products, etc.

1 Like

Dear Paaus, if may be interested we can have a solution for this. WASDI is a cloud based EO-Platform. You can code in your own environment in many languages (python, Octave, IDL, .NET, JS…) using our library. The lib can be used both to deploy processors in WASDI or as a client.
One of the features is to drag and drop a SNAP workflow in WASDI and then execute it with a single line of python.
The workflow will be executed in the cloud, and you can just access the result.
Here you can find some info, even if this is not a specific Workflows tutorial:
https://wasdi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/SearchImport.html#import-functionalities
If you may be interested just let us know, obviously without any commitment!!