Question about interpreting SNAP colour legend for a wrapped interferogram

Hi all. This is probably a really obvious question, but I am having trouble interpreting SNAP’s colour legend for my wrapped interferogram. Here’s an example below:

The image shows a wrapped interferogram for a landslide I am looking at (contained within red line) exported into .kmz format and viewed from ground level in Google Earth. My question is: what units is the colour legend in? I am assuming it is pi radians, but if that is the case why do the phase values extend to +/- 2.83 rather than +/- 2.0 as I would expected to see for a wrapped interferogram? How should I interpret this?

Cheers :slight_smile:

The range is -pi to +pi.

Thanks lveci for your response. Why is that the phase values in the colour legend extend to +/- 2.83 pi then?

no it goes from -3.14 to 3.14. The markers shown in the colour bar are just to display it.

Oh right I see now thank you, that makes sense. So do these colour cycles represent fringes then?

The fringe is one colour cycle.

Thank you!

So in the above image, how many fringes would you say estimate there are?

Hello everyone
Can anybody suggest me what information can be derived from this interferogram, as i am unable to get some sort of fringes. What do these color gradients on mountain slopes indicate.

Please help

Is there a way to display that color legend on the side on SNAP instead of exporting the interferogram image into google earth ?

This is not easily possible.
You can export the legend as image (right-click on scene and select export color legend as image) and then import it as a layer.

Usually it is not necessary to overlay it in the scene image because you have the colour manipulation tool window.