Radar look direction

Hi John,

I appreciate your response.

“are you referring to the per-pixel look direction angle?”

Yes.

The images in this scenario are ICEYE.

Let’s say per-pixel or/and Sub-pixel, Once we calculate the angle for each grid point, the question is:

Is it possible to co-register Both “images” of LEFT, and the other one is RIGHT?

Is any function in your modules does so?

I have recently written this function which lets you add a range look direction angle image as additional layer to a BEAM-DIMAP product:
https://s1-nrb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api.html#S1_NRB.snap.look_direction
The resulting product can be geocoded like any other. I have tested it for ascending and descending orbit images.

@mengdahl it would be awesome if this layer would be directly available as a tie-point grid and optional output layer during geocoding. Another great feature would be if the layer that I add with the function above would not be lost during SliceAssembly. I had to add it to the product after applying SliceAssembly and Subset, which results in some interpolation inaccuracy.

2 Likes

If the imaging geometry is different as in your case, you cannot co-register the two scenes directly. You can however orthorectify both images and then stack/co-register them.

Please explain. First of all, can adding a new layer aid in correlating multiple angle directions along the same path, such as “left” and “right” of “Ascending”?

Another query: Did you correctly register Asc and Desc?

The final question is: Does the function, whose name is S1, just work with S1 photos or with all images?

I just added the layer to the scene and then geocoded it. No further coregistration. The package S1_NRB I was linking to is specific to Sentinel-1. In principle I could imagine that the function can be applied to any BEAM-DIMAP product as long as geolocation grid points can be found in the metadata.