RADAR>SAR-Mosaic vs RASTER>Geom>Mosaic

Hi,
Does anybody know the main diference between the both algorithms available to mosaic several images in SNAP? I’ve tried both RASTER>Geom>Mosaic and RADAR>SAR-Mosair to create a mosaic of several SAR images and it seems to work well in both cases. But, I’m not sure, if it is properly to run the RASTER>Geom>Mosaic algorithm to a SAR image.

Any comments welcome.
Thanks.

1 Like

SAR Mosaic allows you to define a fuzzy transition of overlapping areas. Furthermore, you can chose histogram normalization between both products. These are not foreseen in the “normal” mosaic which relies on the perfect transition between adjacent images.

2 Likes

Ok, Thanks you for your kind explanation. So that, if i’m not misunderstanding, depending on final purpose of the mosaic, we can choose between the two algorithms and see which one we want to apply.

Regards.

yes, they do the same task, but offer slightly different options.

2 Likes

Hello @ABraun and @LauSNAP,
Should we mosaic SAR images after unwrapping or before unwrapping? What way would be the best?

Regards

I’d say this depends on the pattern in your interferograms and how they look at the edges of your products.
I would prefer to mosaic first but if you experience large phase jumps along the edges you better unwrap first and then try to merge both unwrapped scenes.

Dear all,
I am trying to mosaic displacement VV bands from two _dsp products through RADAR>SAR-Mosaic. For the same geographic co-ordinate, I am not getting equal values in post-mosaic (mosaiced product) and pre-mosaic ( individual _dsp product). The magnitude of displacement is found to be increased in post-mosaic product.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.