Reading S2 L1B in Multisize causes a java.lang.IllegalStateException in Linux

Hello,

Having installed the latest SNAP version on our Linux server, when I try to open an L1B product in Multisize, I receive the Unexpected Exception icon in the bottom right of my viewer, and the following Java message:

java.lang.IllegalStateException
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.l1b.L1bSceneDescription.create(L1bSceneDescription.java:88)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.l1b.Sentinel2L1BProductReader.getL1bMosaicProduct(Sentinel2L1BProductReader.java:272)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.l1b.Sentinel2L1BProductReader.readProductNodesImpl(Sentinel2L1BProductReader.java:196)
at org.esa.snap.framework.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:169)
at org.esa.snap.framework.dataio.ProductIO.readProduct(ProductIO.java:158)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.ReadProductOperation.run(ReadProductOperation.java:37)
at org.netbeans.modules.progress.ui.RunOffEDTImpl$1.run(RunOffEDTImpl.java:169)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1423)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

I presume this message would be the same as the one in my /home/username/.snap/var/log folder.
Can I ask for feedback on this issue, please?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Jan

Hello Jan,

There are problems with the metadata of the actual L1B products, so they can’t be read by the L1B reader.

Nicolas.

1 Like