S2/S3 Subset Missing Images in Bands After Saving

I’ve got an interesting issue here. I’ve produced a series of graphs that

1. subsets a downloaded S2 file to a specific polygon, and saves it as a new file
  2. opens the new subsetted file, adds a vector (same polygon), adds a Land-Sea-Mask conforming to the vector, and saves it as a new file.
  3. pconvert then converts the new masked file to an RGB image.
  4. resamples the same downloaded S2 file to 20m, and saves it as a new file
  5. opens the new resampled file and subsets it to a specific polygon (same polygon), and saves it as a new file
  6. opens the new subsetted file, adds a vector (same polygon), adds a Land-Sea-Mask conforming to the vector, and saves it as a new file.
  7. opens the new masked fil, does a C2RCC-MSI process against it, and saves it as a new file.

This works great, insofar as I get exactly the RGB image I want and the C2RCC processed file that I want (so the open/process/save in each step above seem to work fine).

The problem is that if I open any of the intermediate saved files in SNAP, the images for every band are empty! I’ve confirmed the geodata in the final files by re-importing the vector and it appears in exactly the right spot - but against an empty image.

What is really strange is the the resulting PNG and C2RCC files should also be empty (seeing as how they were created from the intermediate files, by being discretely opened).

The same thing happens with S3 EFR files, too.

Has anyone seen this before? Having the pre-subsetted/pre-masked files is extremely useful to go back and adjust the C2RCC settings, and do other analysis.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.