Script Console in SNAP

Hi all

I find the Script Console in BEAM/VISAT and SeaDAS to be quite useful. Is a similar console available in SNAP?

Quinten

We have removed it because we were not quit satisfied with implementation and we also thought that there is also no one who is using this. So, goo that you let us know that you are missing it.
Now that we know that there is some demand we might bring it back in one of the next releases.

Hi Marco

Thanks for your answer. I am mainly using the script console to assign parameter groups and wavelengths to variables in NetCDF files, so I can use the spectrum viewer.

It would be helpful if you could set a standard for storing parameter group and wavelength as NetCDF variable attributes, so I can write those appropriately. (I am currently using GROUP and WAVELENGTH, but that can easily change!)

Quinten

Is the NetCDF-BEAM format an option for you?
However I agree that would be good if it would be stored in plain NetCDF.

Hi Marco

NetCDF-BEAM did the trick. I wrote “auto_grouping”, “product_type”, “metadata_profile” and “metadata_version” to the global attributes, and the wavelength variable attribute in lower case. (I copied this from a file I saved in VISAT, but is there a specification for the format?)

I should have figured that out myself! This means I have no real need for the Script Console any more.

Thanks!

Quinten

No there is no specification. It is just NetCDF with the some special extension to support the SNAP/BEAM internal product data model. It was intended for exporting data but not that external tools create this format.
We are also not very happy with our NetCDF readers and writers so we will probably not going to document this, but maybe rewrite them some day. So looking at the code might also not very helpful. But if you like… (snap-netcdf).
What you did is probably the best way to see what is possible.